Chapter 11: Werewolf

Present-Day
{James Pov}

"We've got to get him to the Shrieking Shack!" I tell Sirius. The full moon is about to rise, and I don't want too many claw marks from Remus tonight. At least we are Animagi. 

"It hurts." Remus whispers looking deathly pale. We take either side of him and get him to the shack as quickly as possible. "You'll be fine, Moony." Sirius says. Remus doesn't answer.

"Lock me in." he whispers. "We aren't leaving you alone!" I argue. "Please." he manages to get out before transforming. His eyes meet mine and I know he is about to lunge. "Remus, it's me." I tell him desperately. He just growls at me, showing no signs of the boy I am so close friends with.

I remember Sirius dragging me out of the shack and locking Remus in, but then I black out.

                       Present-Day
                         {Lily Pov}

"Lily!" I hear Sirius yell from the common room. "What's wrong?" I call back sleepily. "James is hurt!" That wakes me up quickly. I jump out of bed and run out of my room. "Can you help him?" Sirius asks hopefully. "It would be better if he went to the hospital wing." I reply cautiously, knowing Sirius won't like that. "Can you just take a look?" Sirius questions. "Alright." I get on my knees in front of the couch where James is lying unconscious.

I hesitate, "I really need to see what is causing this blood, but taking off his shirt might hurt his head." "Please, he's been wanting you to undress him for his whole life." Sirius replies with a grin. I feel my face turn red, and I take off his shirt carefully.

I see the scratches all over his stomach. I use his shirt to wipe the blood away as gently as possible. "Is he going to be alright?" Sirius asks. "If you want to know that, ask Madame Pomfrey." I snap. "Lily, please!he says. "Alright. Did he hit his head?" Sirius nods. "So he isn't unconscious due to loss of blood. That's a good thing. Now, I need to get my wand if I want to get the dry blood cleared."

I come back with my wand and Sirius asks, "What spell are you going to use?" I wave my wand and say, "Tergeo!" The dried up blood disappear. "I've got to go, Lily." Sirius tells me. "Alright." I reply. He walks away before looking back to me, "Take care of him." I give him a curt nod.

"Vulnera Sanentur." I murmur. The gashes close. While he looks much better, I still think he should have gone to Madam Pomfrey. I notice that his glasses are broken on his face. Carefully taking them off, I place his glasses on the table and mend them, "Oculus Reparo." "Wake up soon." I say quietly, before moving to the end of the couch and curling myself up into a ball. It takes a long time to fall asleep in that position.

                       Present-Day
                       {James Pov}

I reach my arm over to grab my glasses, but end up just hitting my hand really hard on something. "Ouch!" "You're awake!" Lily exclaims, "Thank goodness!" 'Lily? When did she get in my room?'  "What?" "You got hurt last night. Sirius brought you in here. Sorry if the couch wasn't very comfortable, but it was the easiest." she replies. 'Okay, so I'm not in my room.'  "How hurt was I?" "You had deep gashes down your stomach, and you hit your head." Lily says. I move my hand down to see how bad the gashes feel to notice that I'm not wearing a shirt. "Oh, I fixed them." she tells me. "And my shirt?" I give her a smirk.

"It was easier to see what all I needed to do to fix you with it off." she stammers. I smile wider, "Lily was getting me naked! I wish I had been awake to remember it though!" "I would slap you for that, but you are already hurt".

"Oh no, James; I forgot about the gash under your eye!" "Don't fix it if it makes me look sexier." I reply quickly. "I don't care how much sexier it makes you look, I'm fixing it!" Lily snaps. "So it does make me look sexier." I joke.

Present-Day
{Lily Pov}

I rub my thumb over the gash gently, "Was it Remus?" "When did he tell you?" James replies. "He hasn't yet." I shrug. "Oh." "He will tell me when he's ready to."

"Do you feel better yet?" "My head hurts." he admits. "How many fingers am I holding up?" "I don't know. My glasses aren't on." "Here." I hand him his glasses, and he puts them on.

"Nice PJs, Lilyflower." he comments with a grin. "Shut up." I mutter, trying to keep a straight face. "Make me.", he replies, sticking his tongue out. "Silencio." I reply.

"I'll be back after I change." I go to my room and take a quick shower, before changing into a plain black top and a pair of shorts. 'It's not like I'll be going anywhere.' I put a towel over my shoulders and grab my brush.

"Hey, James, wanna brush my hair?" He sits up, patting the spot beside him on the couch. "Oh yeah, I forgot about the silencing charm!" I exclaim, taking it off. "How very nice of you." he says sarcastically. I hand him my hairbrush.

"Your hair smells nice again." James tells me. "Thanks." I reply. "Can I braid it?" he asks? "I don't mind."

"Alright, it's finished." he says after a while. "How do you know how to braid?" "My mum taught me. She said that when I get married, my wife will like not having to do her hair all of the time." he explains. "She's right, hair can be such a chore. Sometimes I just want to chop it all off!" I sigh. "Don't," he exclaims, "I love your hair!" "It's alright, James. I'm not actually going to chop it off." "Good." 

Present-Day
{James Pov}

"You still have a scar." I whisper, looking down at Lily's leg. "It doesn't hurt anymore." she replies. "I thought they had all healed." I say quietly, running my thumb lightly over the scar on her leg. "It's not a big deal, it'll heal when it's ready." Lily shrugs. "Maybe you should go to the hospital wing." I suggest. "You're kidding me, right? You blacked out and bled through your shirt, yet you're suggesting that I go to the hospital wing?" "Alright, I guess that sounded kind of dumb." I concede. "Not the dumbest thing you've ever said." she says with a smile. "Was that a compliment or an insult?" I ask? "Whichever you want it to be." Lily tells me.