Chapter 17: Questions and Valentines

A/N: alright, so this takes place around Valentine's Day (hence the title)

Present-Day
                         {Lily Pov}

"So what happened between you and James at his party when the rest of us went to sleep?" Marlene asks. "Nothing." I reply. "I don't believe you." "Really, all we did was dance!" "That's what they all say." she tells me in a sing-song voice. "So why are you waiting until now to ask?" "Because you are going to Hogsmeade together on Valentine's Day!"

"As friends, Marlene!" "Friends with benefits." Sirius says, as he walks up to us. "How much of that conversation did you hear?" I ask. "You aren't exactly being quiet, Lily." Sirius points out, motioning to the Marauders. I glance, and they are laughing. I'm assuming they are laughing at mine and Marlene's conversation. "Whatever."

A/N: Okay, now it is actually Valentine's Day. Continue reading...

                      Present-Day
                      {James Pov}

"Does my hair look fine?" I ask Remus nervously. "Does your hair ever look fine, Prongs?" he replies. "Thanks." "Glad I could be of assistance."

"It's your big date!" Sirius exclaims, ruffling my hair. "You messed up my hair!" I exclaim. "It looks the same." he shrugs in reply. "Argh! How am I supposed to win her over if I can't even keep my hair fixed?!" "Give her your famous James Potter smile, and she'll be falling to her knees."

"So, Lily, where do you want to go first?" "I guess the usual." So we go to The Three Broomsticks.

"James Potter and Lily Evans on a date! On Valentine's Day!" someone gawks, hurrying away to spread the news. Lily rolls her eyes, "I hate Valentine's Day. If you love someone, shouldn't you show them everyday?" "Valentine's Day is just a reminder, I suppose. It's cute." I reply. "PDA is most definitely not cute." "So you wouldn't like me to do this?" I ask, grabbing her hand from across the table. "I'm not talking about that type of affection, I'm talking about the snogging that everyone around us is partaking in!"

We go through with the "date", if you would call it that. As we are heading back to the castle, Lily gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and says, "Thanks for today."

'WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! LILY KISSED ME! I HAVE TO TELL THE GUYS!'