Her Decision

(Tatsumi's POV)

⠀⠀⠀⠀I waited for Mine's response, patiently and also impatiently. It was a shame she hated me so much, because yes, I like her. I have ever since I got into Nightraid, so I'm trying really hard to get on her good side. I know she thinks I'm useless and weak - probably - but I'm going to make an effort to change that. Finally, she answered, admitting that she didn't "trust" me or well... My existence/involvement in Nightraid. She seemed reluctant about saying it, but I tried to make up for the awkwardness.

⠀⠀⠀⠀I asked if, in spite of her trust issues, she would like to go hang out sometime - I don't know what I was thinking  to do (sure as hell NOT shopping) - to which she... declined. I kept on relentlessly asking until she had to say yes. From there, we walked into town where I looked for the Capital not too long ago. I took her to the same place I went after I got thrown out and thought it was my only way to get in on the action. I did some pretty cheesy shit that people claimed would get someone to like you. Yeah, I know, it sounds DESPERATE. But actually, we made some surprisingly decent conversation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀I told her about what life was like before coming to the Capital and joining Nightraid. I described, "Actually, the building we're in right now is where I met Leone. It's a really funny story!" I looked back on what happened that day as if it were yesterday. I continued, "Leone said she could get me high in the ranks rather quickly, so I took her here and we made a deal. I had a lot of money then, because I was starting a new life and I swore to bring prosperity back to the village I used to live in. Hah, the guy here told me Leone had 'ran off with my money' so I freaked out. But we got that sorted out." Just then, I saw Mine smile for the first time since I got into Nightraid.