Unexpected

(Mine's POV)

⠀⠀⠀⠀I couldn't help smiling at Tatsumi; It may have been the first time I ever felt truly bonded with anyone over such a short amount of time. It was new to me. After sharing a decent timeframe of laughter, Tatsumi asked, "So what about you? What was it like for you before Nightraid?"

'Dear God...' I thought to myself, unsure of whether I wanted to answer his question.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Trying to act un-phased by it, I replied, "Well... I don't quite remember..." Hah, yeah right. I should have said that I don't WANT to remember that freak show. He didn't seem too concerned about my response though, because he immediately changed the topic. We proceeded to talk about Assassins' history, what happened to the Elite Seven, and the whole deal about the Revolutionary Army. From there, Akame somehow came up in conversation.

"So what exactly happened with Akame? You know, her sister and all that," Tatsumi inquired.

Just as I was about to explain, Akame herself walked in the room. Speak of the Devil...

(Akame's POV)

⠀⠀⠀⠀I approached Mine and Tatsumi at the table they were seated. As our mission was given, we didn't have much time to fool around. With that in mind, I began to lecture the two of them.

"Come on, we don't have all day to sit here and tell stories. The boss is counting on us... And we also have a true threat at our hands."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I dragged both of them out and led the way to our next destination: the Empire. Halfway through the trip, we met with Sheele, Bulat, Lubbock, Susanoo, and Leone. Almost there, I figured it may be a good idea to take inventory of imperial arms. All was in order until I saw something ugly.. Something strange. Mine and Tatsumi were holding hands, their fingers interlocked as Mine rested her head on Tatsumi's shoulder.

I'm not going to lie... I wanted to regurgitate.

'I just really hope this is a friend thing' I prayed.