; sick on anniversary - larry

written: 2019

You're fine, Harry.

It's your anniversary.

Suck it up.

Harry had been feeling ill all day. It wasn't anything too unbearable - just a headache and stomachache, he had been telling himself.

He had convinced Louis to go out shopping for the day, claiming he was going to cook Louis a nice dinner. In all honesty, Harry just wanted to get Louis out of the house so he could mope around and take a nap, hoping to feel better by the evening. Louis was hesitant to leave considering it was their anniversary and he wanted to be with his husband, but eventually left, claiming he needed a new pair of Adidas trainers anyway.

It was 5:15 p.m. when Harry decided he should get off the sofa and try to psych himself up enough to actually cook. The thought of food was absolutely repulsive for him, but he knew that if he didn't cook like he promised, Louis would worry.

And that's how Harry found himself where he was now, sat at the dinner table, (which he had managed to decorate with too many candles and a beautiful rose bouquet centrepiece) eating the slightly underwhelming supper he had thrown together.

Louis didn't seem to notice that something was wrong with Harry, nor did he seem to notice Harry's lame attempt of an extravagant meal, which Harry was more than grateful for.

"So... Five years," Louis beamed, his mouth full of pasta.

"Mhm," Harry replied, his voice sounding incredibly tired.

Oblivious, Louis began rambling. "I can't believe it's been five years, love. That's half a decade. Can you believe it? Wow, I'm still so in love with you. I hope you know that, sweetheart. You really are the love of my life. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you."

Harry tried to listen to Louis' sweet rambling, he really did, but the pounding in his head was nearing unbearable. He blinked repeatedly a few times, trying to rid the blurriness clouding his vision.

"Lou?" He rasped out, interrupting Louis from his rant about how they should renew their vows sometime in the future.

"Hm?" Louis asked, looking up from his dish and at his husband, a fond look in his eyes.

"Um," Harry began. "Can you, uh- Can you go grab me some water?"

Louis' eyebrows furrowed.

"Just- I think I've had enough wine. I could really go for some water," Harry continued.

Louis opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but quickly shut it, nodding silently. He got up from his seat, walking towards the kitchen, not taking his eyes off of Harry. Harry sent Louis a small, fake smile.

As soon as Louis was out of the dining room, Harry let out a shaky breath. He needed water. His head swirled with dizziness, stomach flipping painfully. He brought a shaky hand up to his burning forehead, massaging his temples, attempting to lessen the ache.

Harry knew he should tell Louis. He also knew that if he did, he would make Louis worry. It was their anniversary. He didn't want Louis to have to worry about anything.