Never saw that coming.

• Dedicated to Brittles

"Wake up Blair, Happy Birthday" my Mom cooed me awake.

"Uggghh, don't remind me" I groaned, stretching a little bit.

I haven't liked birthdays ever since I was little. I hated birthdays because they made me worry about the coming year and I also hated the gifts becasue I really didn't derserve them and I couldn't give anything back.

"Honey you need to get over your aversion to birthdays and gifts for that matter" Mom scolded me lightly.

I rolled onto my stomach, smashing my face into my green pillow with a groan. I was a old fashioned, vintage kind of girl. My bedroom was a pale green, burnt gold and black colour scheme with a big cream dressing table with a round mirror in front of my queen bed. On the left side of my room was a big bookcase that took up nearly the whole wall, filled with my favourite books including Wuthering Heights.

"Honey do you want to open your birthday present now or later"? Mom asked, rolling me back onto my back.

"Actually I would like to open them now" I asked, sparked with interest.

I actually wanted something for my eighteenth birthday and that was to go to England. Going to England had been my dream ever since I was a little girl. It was where my father was born.

"Here you are honey" Mom laughed as she handed me a small black and white box with a gold ribbon wrapped round it.

I grabbed the box and tore the ribbon and lid off. I took the small piece of paper into my hands, slowly. I almost cried, I didn't know if it was real or not.

"Is this real" I choked out.

"It better be" Mom laughed at my comment.

"I can't believe you got me tickets to go to England, first class" I shrieked.

"Mmmmhhhmm" Mom nodded. "And look what else I got you" Mom said as she lifted another piece of paper from the box.

She handed me the piece of paper and I read it. It was a ticket to see One Direction live.

"Oh my gosh Mom I can't believe you did this" I exclaimed, tears in my eyes.

"Well, honey it is your eighteenth and I wanted to make it special" Mom said with a happy expression on her face. "And you're going with Luke" Mom added.

"Oh Luke is coming with me" I sobbed, eyes tearing again. Luke has been my best friend ever since pre-school. He was the outcast and everyone was picking on him, when I stomped up to the bullies and kicked them in the shin. Ever since then we have been in-seperable. Joint at the hip. I hugged Mom over and over, thanking her a thousand times.

"Well darling you leave tommorrow, lunch time so why don't you start packing, oh and we are going out for lunch with Luke today" Mom said smiling.

"Oh thankyou so much" I cried again getting out of bed.