All is Well

(Epilogue to Truth hurts)
Sharon's pov:
Its been years since he saw it, since I let him know the truth. His love didn't waver, not even a bit. We've had our own share of UPS and downs, confession, break up, jealousy, anger, and most importantly love. Just like every other couple in love. My faith in myself broke the day, the doctor told me I had asthma; but he revived hope, he built faith but along with faith, he also restored my heart. He hid his fear everytime I danced, smiling encouragingly, but he was an open book, his eyes always tightened a bit in fear. But slowly the fear faded and there was pride, his smile was still encouraging, proud even. It gave me my strength. He gave me my strength, my faith, my hope, everything except one, my heart. He claimed what already was his, and I? I readily gave it.
He supported me when I was at my weakest. There's a saying that goes "Action speaks louder than words" and he fit it, his actions, though discreet spoke louder than any words of comfort told to me since I knew about my asthma problem. His belief in me, is what I believe, made me fearless and strong. He bought me back to me. The diva of St.Louis, a simple girl at heart who loves to love and be loved. He knew, he saw every shade of me. *sigh* Sitting next to him, right now, my arms entwined around his with my head on his shoulder,watching the deep orange sun settle into a sea of pink, yellow and red, I let out a small sigh and smiled. His cheek resting on my head rose a little and I feel him looking at me. I rise a little and beam at him, looking at his charming, mature face, his eyes deep and wondering. The last rays of the sun only made him more surreal. Could this perfect person actually be mine? He tilts his head and his expression changes to one of confusion. "Kya soch..." he starts while I silence him with my hand. "Ssshh" I shushed. The confusion lines deepened. "I love you" I say and untangling my arms from around his arms, I throw it around his neck, pulling him closer on the bench we sat on the college terrace. We look at each other, while the confusion lines disappear and appear as a grin on his lips. He cups my face and my cheeks tingle at the warmth emanating from his hands. He brings his face closer and closer as I close my eyes, anticipating his lips on mine. I can feel him close the distance between us, his presence becoming stronger as he inches close. "Predictable is so boring Sharon" his voice whispers into my ear, and I smile at the memory it resurfaced. I wait for him to pull back and look into my eyes again. But he doesn't budge, instead I feel his lips press onto my temple, making me blush. "I love you" his voice whispers into my other ear, while his lips press onto my temple again, making me blush harder. And then his lips pressed onto my forehead, making me feel belonged. Special, and protected. And then he pulls away slowly as I opened my eyes only to meet his, hiding hidden desires and emanating only love.
Swayam's POV:
We sit there on the bench on the terrace of the college, looking at the sun set into the city, the busy city with cars honking and people going about their day. While we sit, at peace, her head on my shoulder, cuddling my hand and my cheek on her soft tresses of hair, smelling sweet and which was enough to entice me. My hand still bore a tiny white scar, and my pocket held a standby inhaler, ready to be whipped out at a moment's notice. I can't risk her health, I can't risk her even. Its been years since she told me, trusted me with her secret. Her tiny little secret that had broken her. Her little secret which held a lot of answers. Her secret which she entrusted with me. Asthma. Never in anyone's wildest dreams could anyone have imagined, a petty disease, hardly contagious, can be controlled could cause so much distortion in one's life. But it did. It drew us apart only to bring us closer to each other than before. It gave us a reason to fight, to hurt each other but it also taught is trust. To trust and to love, unconditionally. It taught us love is unconditional, selfless and beautiful. Love is khoobsurat like, my Sharon. Love is fiery like our passion for dance. Love is compromise, accepting the faults and learning to live with it. Love is irrevocable, it can't be put into words and its irreplaceable. The day she told me, the day she trusted me, I was shaken. I was scared, I was worried. I was furious. Life is unfair I thought and I cursed life and wrecked a havoc on everything materialistic. It gave me physical wounds, whose pain didn't surpass the fear, the pang of pain I felt when I realized what she did, why she coughed and gasped and inhaled the medicine through a pump. But the fear wasn't because I would stop loving her. The fear was of losing her, losing her to her secret, letting her fall weak and helpless. But that night changed my goals, I vowed to bring her back, to nurture her every need, to love her unconditionally as unconditional as I could. I stood by her, and she noticed, I kept smiling even as she tested herself. Everytime she danced, she was breathtakingly perfect and yet there was a tiny fear in me, what if she fell only to break again, this time permanently? But it didn't happen, and it will never happen. Not now not ever. Coz those fears have passed, and all that changed was our bond. Stronger it became, although it did break in the middle only to be entwined again. Two lives, two souls, two destinies entwined into one, encompassed by Love. She sighs and I rise, to see what made her sigh. Her eyes are enraptured, her pupils reflecting the sunset that seem more beautiful as reflections in her orbs. She turns to me, her eyes twinkling a little, but soft and deep, warm. The sun rays on her face only enhanced her beauty and my breath caught in my throat. I couldn't read her eyes though, but I suspected it was about the same incident. I wait for her to break the ice, while she looks on and on at me. Not being able to handle the suspense I started to ask her, "Kya soch.." only to find myself silenced. She smiles at me and her sweet voice made itself heard "I love you" she says, her eye looking into mine trying to get to bottom of an endless pit of love I held for her. I smiled involuntarily and reached out to hold her face between my hands. I inched forward meaning to say what I felt and her eyelids lowered, while my felt the heat rising in her cheeks. Her eyes closed slowly and her lips parted slightly. I chuckled internally at the effect I had on her. I inched slowly towards her and impatience showed on her face, Siren Sharon, I nodded. I inched closer to her ears and said "Predictable is so boring Sharon" chuckling slightly while I kissed her temple, she smiled at the memory, a beautiful serene one. I moved to her other ear and whispered as passionately as I could  "I love you" meaning it with every syllable. And then I kissed her temple, while she seemed to shiver a little involuntarily. I pulled away slowly and then pressed my lips to her forehead, claiming her as mine. And the I pulled back and waited for her to open her eyes, which were always deep, clever and enchantingly breathtaking. She looked at me and smiled. She looked radiant, and her eyes sparkled with all the love it held. And her smile, simple but stunning and special.
Silence...while our love birds sit there enraptured in each other. But not for long, not for long!
"Aah there you both are!" Simmi's voice echoed from a far while they shook themselves out of the trance to look at the disturbance. "Isko bhi abhi hi aana tha" Swayam muttered as he pulled away from sharon reluctantly to attend to Simmi. "Kya hua?" Sharon asked, seeming a bit off and irritated. "Wo, umm wo well..." Simmi fidgeted looking slightly embarrassed. "Wo wo kya?" Swayam asked. "Wo well.wo actually sorry to disturb but, wo Aunty bula rahe hai Sharon ko" she said sheepishly. "Mom? I..i mean aunty?" Swayam asked surprised. "Pata nahi...said it was Important" Simmi said. "I'll see you later?" Sharon asked as Swayam tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Anytime" he murmured while Simmi dragged Sharon away from him as he looked on at the two friends trying not to resent.
"Hmmm romance and all huh?" Simmi said nudging sharon's elbows with her own, grinning. "Aisa kuch ni hai, we were just watching the sunset" Sharon retorted her ears pricking. "In each others eyes?" Simmi asked mischievously. "Ni tho! Wo kuch chala tha neri aankho mein...n Swayam was just taking it out. "Abh tho kuch ni ho ra hai..." Simmi said grinning. Sharon blinked furiously, "Swayam ko bulaun?" Simmi asked and Sharon stopped blinking immediately. "Nil ko bulaun?" Sharon asked in reply which shut Simmi up for good.
"Mom aapne bulaya?" Sharon asked as she entered the cabin. "Haan beta, wo kya hai na? Pappa ne aaj call kiya mujhe, Delhi wapis aane ke liye" Her mom said, stroking Sharon's face lightly. "Zaruri hai kya?" sharon asked, her face slightly fell. "Haan bete...tumhare pappa ka tabiyat kharab hai aur muje jaake business ko sambhalni hai" her mom reasoned. "Pappa ko kya hua? Mom is it serious? Mein bhi chalti hoon aapke saath...mein pappa ka dekh bal karungi! " Sharon asked starting to panic. "Uski koi zarurat nahi, pappa ka high BP hua hai..isliye he's feeling down..business pressure and all...aur waise bhi agar tum bhi chali aayi tho academy ko kaun sambhalenge?" her mom reasoned with her. "Swayam hai na mom...wo sab kuch handle kar lega" she said confidently. "Haan haan, par abhi abhi St. Louis aur D3 academy ko merge Kia hai and dono academy ko sync mein laane ke liye tum dono yahan hona zaruri hai Sharon, please understand" her mom stated her reasons. "Agar aap itni insist kar rahe ho tho...ok, pappa ka khayal rakhna and tell him I miss him too much" she said reluctantly and giving her mom a squeeze. "Haan haan...pappa ki beti" she said smiling and shaking her head. "Aur aapke bhi" Sharon said grinning. "Mein ghar jaake pack karti hoon...flight tho evening ka hi mila" her mom said and left for home. Sharon sat on the sofa as she thought about the changes her life had gone through in the span of 3 months. Her mom's arrival; Swayam's repeated goof Ups, The whole D3 vs St.Louis which had tested her relationship with Swayam, pressurising it more after Rey and Kria left for NYC and the whole Swayam being in-charge, huma-karma-ishika-raghav's interference in their lifes, possessiveness but eventually her mom got better, she warmed up to Swayam (ran in the blood she guessed), D3 n St.Louis tied up a deal and worked together as sister academies, the newbies...were only repeating their history and as for her and Swayam, the equation balanced out and life was set. She was in love with life. She stood at her desk and rifted through files aimlessly and thought of it with a smile. "All is well that ends well" she murmured. "I agree, humare romance ko bhi achi se end karni chahiye ni?" Swayam asked hugging her from behind."matlab?" she asked non chalant while her heart beat faster and butterflies flew in her tummy. "Matlab..." he said huskily into her ear, his breath falling on the nape of her neck, making her feel warm and tingly. "Matlab...hume humare adhoori romance ko end karni chahiye...uninterrupted" he said twisting her around so that she could face him. "Matlab?" she asked again. "Matlab..." he said, coming closer to her while she wrapped her arms around his neck. He closed him eyes and inched closer just as she shut hers. "Matlab" his breath falling lightly on her parted lips.She inched forward and their lips met, urgently at first and then gentler and more passionate as he took control. They stayed there glued to each other, Swayam pinned to the wall with Sharon's arms firmly around his neck and his around her waist. And then they broke apart sated and smiling. "Predictable isn't always boring" she said ducking to place a peck on his cheek. "Agar predictable aisa ho tho, roz roz mein predictable ban jaunga" he said giving her a wink. "No, phir mera unpredictable lover boy ko kho dungi mein" she said pouting sadly. Then in a firmer tone, "Don't even dare to think of dropping your Lover boy image" she said faking an angry face. "Your wish is my command" he said smiling and they burst out laughing together. "Waise tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" she asked after the laughter had subsided. "Mom I mean Aunty se mil kar yahan romance karne aaya hoon" he said. "Tumne mom se baat ki?" she asked. "Haan kiya meine...n mein soch raha tha ki aaj shaam mein unhe drop kar du and uske baad dinner jau tumhare saath" he said laying out his plans one by one looking at Sharon from the corner of his eyes, happy that he was the reason of the smile growing wider on her face. "Really?" Sharon asked her eyes shining with excitement. Swayam nodded simply. "You're the best! I love you Swayam" she cried happily hugging him. "And iss baar no distraction I promise" he said solemnly. "Good distraction honi bhi nahi chahiye abh" she said happily.
Later that evening:
"Mom aapne aapki saare saaman pack kar liye hai na?" Sharon asked. "Haan sab kuch settled hai" her mom said just as the door bell rang. "Swayam itni jaldi aa gaya?" Sharon said surprised and went to get the door. "Sharon Rai Prakash?" the boy asked. Sharon nodded. "Ye aapke liye hai" he said, handing over a huge bouquet of orchids and white tiger lilies. "And ye bhi" he said, taking out a box in simple wrapping from his bag. Signing the paper she took the box. "Kaun tha Sharon? Her mom asked wondering what took her so long. "Courier tha..." she said as she set the flowers carefully on the table and went to get a vase full of water for the flowers. "Be ready in 10, go casual I'm looking forward to the date.
PS: Don't open the box now
-Swayam" a dainty little card read, resting amongst the flowers. "Kiska hai?" her mom asked. "Swayam ne bheja mere liye" she said smiling lightly while her mind raced, thinking of all the possibilities for the night. "Mein ready hokar aati hoon" she told her mom and went to get ready. 10 minutes later the door bell rang. Swayam walked in behind Sharon, dressed casually in a sweatshirt and jeans, yet looking ridiculously handsome, while Sharon was clad in jeans and a simple tank top. "Chale Ma'am...I mean Mom...sorry Mrs.Raiprakash?" he asked as he handed a bouquet of fresh white lilies. "Mom bol sakte ho..." she replied smiling as Swayam proceeded to carry her suitcase out and stopped suddenly in shock. He looked at MRP and then at Sharon in disbelief. Sharon shrugged while her mom smiled wider. "me...aapko...mom...?.." he stammered a little. "Haan tum. Tum muje mom bula sakte ho" she repeated. "Mom..." he said still in disbelief. "Haan beta..." she replied as mother and daughter burst out laughing while Swayam looked away feeling awkward and embarrassed. Taking her suitcase, he loaded it in his car while Sharon came down with her mom. After making sure they were seated, he took the driver's seat and off they went to the airport. An hour later, an unsmiling Sharon and a nervous Swayam left the airport. "Abh hum kahan jaa rahe hai?" Sharon asked quietly. "Umm dinner?" Swayam replied uncertainly, looking at her from the corners of his eyes he saw Sharon looking a bit upset. He kept his hand on hers, "It'll be fine don't worry" he said squeezingher hand. "Kya hum ghar jaa sakte?" she asked. "Sure" he replied and changed direction, understanding Sharon.
Reaching her house she switched on her lights while Swayam sat on the couch. Seeing her upset...he didn't like it. "Come here..." he said, extending out a hand and pulling her close. He tugged at her hand, "Sit" he insisted and she followed his tugs and sat on his lap. "Kya hua?" he asked holding her close. "I miss mom..." she said, pulling herself closer and leaning into his chest, holding his shirt. "Awww meri mumma's baby" he crooned. "Ssshhh kya hum kuch der aise hi reh sakte?" she asked putting her arms around his neck and hiding her face on his chest. He held her more closer, "As long as you want" he promised, kissing her hair. A few minutes of silence later, "Tumhe bhuk ni lag ra?" she asked looking up to see him. He shook his head simply. "Par muje lag ra hai" she said with a frown. "Dinner time!" Swayam announced and he stood up, carrying her in his arms. "Swayam ye kya kar rahe ho! Chodo! Agar kisi ne dekh liya tho?" she said, straining to get out. Ignoring het struggles, he took her to the kitchen and set her down on the kitchen counter. And then he racked the shelves in search of ingredients to make dinner. "Oh shucks!" Sharon said suddenly. "I'm so sorry..." she said, getting off the counter and heading over to him. "kis liye?" he asked surprised. "Humare dinner date ke liye" she said apologetically and then in a rush "I got a little carried away with mom and dad and and..." she found herself silenced by Swayam's hand. "Tumhare smile ke saamne aur kuch bhi important nahi hai" he said, his eyes sincere as she burst into a smile. "Aur waise bhi hum dono akele hi tho hai, dinner date tho hoga, ghar pe" he said smiling and removing his hand from her mouth. 
A little while later Swayam asked Sharon to go sit in the hall whilst he set the table. He led her blindfolded to the dining table, all the dishes that they'd cooked; rather he'd cooked set out neatly with forks spoons and plates n a big candle stood in the middle. Maggie, her favorite with rotis and palak paneer, a simple meal because they both were starving. He made her sit and served food for both of them. "Hmmm" Sharon said taking in a mouthful of Maggie. "Maggiieee" she said after her first forkful of noodles. "Acha laga?" Swayam asked smiling at her expressions. "Bohot acha!" she said and delved deeper into her meal. "Waise bhuki mein khaane ka kuch aur hi hota hai" he said smirking. "Aur agar khaane pyaar se apne boyfriend ne banaya tho aur bhi delicious hai" Sharon replied admist eating after a pause. Swayam set his fork down and watched her. Noticing him not eating she paused to look at him motioned "What?" "Jab tum iss tarah romantic line Marti ho, mera bhuki pyaasi sab gayab ho jata hai..chahta hoon ki aise hi rahe hum" he said, his voice deep and his eyes sincerely in love. "Par khaana ki energy tumhare body ko chahiya romance karne ke liye" she said, taking a forkful of noodles and feeding him off her fork. They ate in silence for sometime and then cleared the table. Pulling him to the couch, they sat and watched TV for sometime. "Bohot late hogaya hai, me nikalta hoon" Swayam said rising up from the sofa. "Thodi der aur ruko na?" Sharon pleaded. He hesitated a bit but agreed and they sat together watching a random flick on TV , talking a little in the between about their future; Sharon resting her head on Swayam's shoulders and his on her hair slightly, her arms wrapped around his, legs tuncjed in on the couch. Cozy and comfortable in each other's presence. After a few minutes on getting no response from her, he lifted his head to check. She dozed off, her eyes shut gently, a trace of a smile on her face. He smiled and carefully rested her head on the couch as he straightened out and stood. Gently carrying her, her face resting on his chest and her arms loosely wrapped around his shoulders, he carried her to her room and set her on the bed. Covering her in her blanket and making sure her pillows were in a comfortable position, he leaned down and kissed her forehead gently and whispered"Goodnight Sharon", smiling and taking one last look at his beautiful peaceful Sharon, rid of any worry or trouble (just the way he liked her to be) now fast asleep, he turned out the lights and left. His mind painting vivid beautiful images of the future that was to come, just like Sharon currently was experiencing in her dreams. Him and her, their dance academy, friends and family all smiles as they came hand in hand with two kids down the stairs of their own home. The only feelings that they felt was happiness and love. 

-Vaddy