IV. I Constantly Thank God for Cheerleaders

I was tired, exhausted, distressed, exasperated; and every other synonym of the word done. Was it really that hard for my parents to get along? Or why couldn't they at least act like they're getting along, for their daughter's sake?

That's the problem with my family, everyone is far too selfish. My father thinks that everything is about him, as if his whole purpose of living on this earth was to look down on others. If he doesn't like his marriage, he leaves without thinking about how his daughter feels about any of the shit going on in her own home. I remember when I used to mean everything to him. His world seemed to constantly revolve around me. I had him tied around my finger with a thread; he was the person that I could trust.

And of course my mom was the one with the scissors and the motivation to snap the string in half.

________

There are a few things that I can take from this world. People are not one of those things.

So, everyday at lunch, I sit by myself. There are those occasional days when prissy girls get in fights with their best friends and come and sit at my table in desperation, but those people come and go. I've never had someone who wanted to stay. But that's okay, I don't blame them, who would want to sit with a loser like me.

You'd think that no one would actually have the desire to sit with the "shy girl," but apparently that wasn't true for one person.

It was the day after the fiasco with my parents, and I was grouchy as ever. I went through all of my classes with a get-the-fuck-away-from-me look glued to my face. When I finally made it to lunch, I sat at my regular table, which wasn't too far away from everyone else, yet didn't look like a total loner table. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and acted like I was texting someone to make myself look like I had some sort of a social life, and to my surprise I actually had received a text during one of my previous classes.

"Hey Kristine, it's Brendon. Text me back when you can"

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit I said to myself as I nervously pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Miss Falls," an authoritative voice screeched behind me. "What do you think you're doing?" I spun around in my seat and looked down at my shoes. It was my math teacher, Ms. Greecher.

"I was, um, I was just, uh...."

"Texting when you were given specific instructions at the beginning of the semester not to?" She sassed. I mentally rolled my eyes as I kicked a piece of trash on the ground.

"Yeah" I confessed. She held out her hand and motioned for me to give her my phone, which I did without hesitation. I don't want to call more attention to myself than I already have.

"You'll get this back at the end of the day," she said as she backed away from me. I actually rolled my eyes this time after I turned back around to face the table again.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Ms. Greecher yelped from behind me. I slowly rotated my head back in the direction of the old lady to find her criticising another student.

"Oh, sorry," The girl with blonde hair and light pink tips said. "I didn't see you there." She then awkwardly gave Ms. Greecher a hug, and winked in my direction. I sat in confusion, not quite getting what she was doing.

"Don't worry Mrs. Greecher," one of the cheerleaders said as she joined the conversation from her table next to mine. "Morgan's just upset because her dad's a drunk and her mom's a pot head." The girl who I concluded to be Morgan's face grew bright red with disgust. She angrily ripped off her necklace and threw it at the cheerleader's face.

"I hope the devil greets you with open arms when you go back to where you came from," Morgan spat at her. "But until that day comes, take some Jesus and get the fuck away from me." She stepped away from the two of them, and Mrs. Greecher was too shocked to do anything about Morgan's attitude.

"I cannot believe that bitch thought she could talk to me that way," she said as she sat across from me at my table. "I mean come on, is it really that hard to have a little humanity now and then." She frustratingly brushed a hand through her hair as she reached into her pocket. "I got this for you by the way," she said as she slid my phone across the table. "I hugged that old bag for you, so you kind of owe me now."

"Th-hanks," I stuttered, a little shaken up from this whole thing.

"No problem," she said as she kicked her feet up onto the chair next to her. "The name's Morgan, but if you call me that I might just have to throw a real cross at your head instead of a necklace. Call me Moe." My eyes widened.

"I'm um, I'm Kristine," I said shyly. She nodded her head and raised an eyebrow.

"So, Kristine, tell me who this Brendon guy is." My cheeks quickly grew red as I lowered my head with embarrassment. She must've seen his message on my lockscreen.

"He's my new neighbor," I explained. "He wants to give me guitar lessons but I'm not sure if I'm up for it or not." She sat still for a few seconds, processing the little information that I gave her.

"Is he cute?" she asked. I nodded my head slowly as a smile spread across my face. "Then why the hell not?" I sat awkwardly in my seat for a few seconds, not quite knowing how to answer that.

"I'm just, I'm not good around new people and-"

"So what?" She interrupted. "You're talking to me, aren't you?" I nodded my head again. "There ya go! You can do this! Just text him back." I looked down at my phone hesitantly, wondering if I should text him or not. "Look, I gotta go cleanse myself of this bitchy aura that cheerleader has cast upon me, but I'll see you around sometime." She gave a two finger salute as a farewell as she stood up from her seat and made her way over to the bathroom in the hallway next to the cafeteria.

I sat in silence for a few minutes, pondering the idea of actually taking lessons from this guy or not. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing, and the screen lit up from a message from "All time Moe" that read,

"Text him loser, or I'll do it for you."

______

Okay I have some important things that I need to ask you guys I hope you don't mind ❤️

1) Can you please please PLEASE add my new book "I write rant books, not fanfiction" to your libraries because that's where I'll be posting pretty much all updates on everything. Please ❤️

2) also, comment if you'd like me to do a periscope sometime soon (username is x_alexaturner_x)

Sorry for not updating in forever I love you please don't hate me ❤️