Chapter 1: Dance Party

Alice's Pro

"Ms. Ruby when are we going to go out to the garden?" asked one of her students.

"I just was going to tell you guys that tomorrow we are going to be harvesting the tomatoes for the end of the school year sale, so please wear clothes that can get dirty...class has ended, see you tomorrow," I told my class.

Since that was her last class it mean that there are only a few days left of her internship at the middle school.

Although I have always wanted to be a teacher, grandpa needs me as he is getting ready to step down.

Hhmmm, maybe I could input some educational programs for kids.

"Hey Alice!! Ready to leave for the day," shouted Nora.

Nora Astor, 28, she is the school Agriculture/Environmental science assistant principal. She has such a beautiful tone of blonde hair that in sunlight looks gold honey color but with moonlight or indoor lights looks more lighter, maybe closer to gold platinum color with silver undertones. Even though people compliment on how her green eyes look so angelic, she could give you a look so evil that it sucks the soul right out of you. She is also happens to be one of my best friends and married to my brother Matt.

Matthew Ruby, 29, my big annoying brother who is 6'2 feet tall and likes to make fun of me and Nora by acting as if he's a giant. Although he has dark brown hair, he does have golden undertones which shine with the sunlight. This kinda makes the couple look like a pair of gods as they walk in the park. Don't let is goofy personality fool you he's a completely different person when doing his job. He currently works at as the director of Public Relations at R.U.B.Y Enterprise.

Hhmmm, I will ask him if that could be done.

"Come on, we have to start packing," exclaimed Nora as she dragged me in the car.

Seven days till we have to visit grandfather in his summer cabin (more like a mansion), for the annual party he throws for another successful year in the company.

Although I was born into the high class, neither grandfather, nor Matt and even myself have acted as if people should be kissing our feet. Grandfather has built his company with blood, sweat and tears, we were taught that if you want something you work for it.

We treat everyone as equals and with respect but if you hurt anyone we love we sure will raise hell and make you kiss our feet for forgiveness.

*in Alice's apartment*

I start to pack into a larger suit because knowing grandpapa, he would like for all of us to stay for the rest of the summer.

"Knock knock I coming in," declared my brother.

"Oh please do come in my lord', I  joked as I played along. 'How was work my lord."

"Boring," chucked Matt.

"I have just what you need," I said as I moved towards to the radio. "Popcorn?!" wondered Matt, "Nope,"
*turns on the music and Pop Culture
by Madeon plays
"Dance party!"

*Matt and Alice dance to music like EDM all the way to classic rock

"You really know how to cheer me up, are you excited for grandpapa's party," asked Matt

"Hell yeah, grandpapa really out did himself this year," I affirmed.

"Facts, for a man his age he is still going strong, I'm just happy that I don't have to the big bad CEO of the company," replied Matt.

"Oh you shouldn't be saying those type of things with the big bad CEO right next to you, or she might just have to fire you," as I go in for the attack.

"I would like to see you try it, any way we have to finish packing and my feet hurt, night"

Alice and Matt continued to pack as well as dance and sing

Night

Alice and Matt flop down on the bed

"Do you wondering if we are any closer to finding out more about mom or what happened with our father," wondered Matt.

"Honesty I have no idea. All I know is that this summer is going to an adventure of a life time," as I jumped off the bed mocking a cool pose.

"God, you say that all the time, you have got to find a better chance phrase,' signed Matt right as Nora walked into the apartment.

As you could see Matt and Nora leave in the same building as Alice

"Y'all still up for a movie, oh and I have popcorn," beamed Nora.

"Yasss queen, my day just keeps getting better and better," fumbles Matt as he struggles against the blanket.

"I will make the popcorn, Matt you get the drinks and Nora you play the movie."

Halfway through the movie I couldn't help but think about what Matt had said. We didn't now much about our mother since Matt only remembers having to constantly move for place to place but never understood why. Mom had actually left us at a friends house when she got in the accident. I was 1 and Matt was 4.

It's kinda like she knew what was going happen, but yet again she seem to live in a state of fear but also stubbornness.

Around the age 16 or so, I had gotten so mad at grandpa that I blamed our mother's death on him, mind you I never got to know her enough to remember her. I just that's the reason why I was angry.

Having said that to he face put him in a mode of silence and that soon became rage. He started to toss things around but not me cursing her name, he said looking at me in the eyes "how fucking dare you accuse me of being the reason why she died!! If she hadn't started to date that piece of shit of your so called father she could be happy....no no that trash actually did something and help bring you two into the world. No it was her stubbornness that killed her. If only she accepted help but her fucking stupidity and ego got in her way. She thought that she could handle him so she never wanted me to help, she changed from cities and names so that I couldn't find her and protect her. In the end she drove herself into her own grave..."

I will never forget seeing and hearing so much pain coming out of him. He was screaming yet crying his eyes out. I also have never regretted having said that sentence to him. It broke his heart and I was so sick because I was the reason he was like that. That day we kept crying into one another's arm until Matt came home. He too joined us in our hugging session that the night quickly came and we all slept together.

Aye. I updated this chapter completely and so it now longer than before. It's about 1160 words now. Hopefully I can continue to write longer and more chapters.

Thank you for all your support and please don't forget to like, share and comment.