Post#13

As Kangana Ranaut (An Indian Actress) very rightly said; "period blood isn't gross".

I'm proud to bleed. I'm proud that I have the privilege to reproduce and ensure continuity of the human race.
I've actually wanted to write on this, but thought, people would judge me.

Since a little girl when I hadn't hit puberty all the girls in their 8th grade , were taken for a short seminar conducted by a gynaecologist in our school.

It was a very funny affair, because we got circulars addressed only to the girls in every class.

The boys were obviously curious to know as to what was happening.
The cherry on the cake was how all girls came up with different answers on being asked as to what that circular contained.

One girl said, "sewing classes", the other said, "dance workshop", and then there was the lot like me who said; "We aren't supposed to tell"
Making it all the more obvious.

We women are blessed enough to have that responsibility to bear children and procreate.

Why then do I have to hide my period pains from my guy friends, father and my brother?

Why do I have to pack my sanitary napkins twice, in a paper when I have to dispose it off?

Why do I get a packet of whisper from the medicine shop carefully wrapped in a brown paper, as if I'm ashamed of it?

Why do I always have to lie, that I have a fever or headache, when I actually am bearing a painful period pain?

Why am I considered impure and asked to sleep on the floor while I'm menstruating?

Why can't I enter my very own kitchen?

Why can't i worship or attend a jagrata of a God who herself is a woman ?

Why is it said that God listens to a girl's prayers more, when she hasn't hit puberty ?

I will tell you why.
Because we love being stupid.
And that's where it ends.

Let's not be so stupid that we loose all our reasoning and stick to crazy practices.

I refuse to be idiotic anymore.
I make this choice. This very moment.

How about you ?

I'm a happy girl.
I'm happy to bleed.

Agree? Drop your views....
---------

Content courtesy -Inayat Dhanda

#BeingWoman is "A free bird"