Chapter 1

Chapter 1

This is the first day of the rest of your lives losers...rang through Holly's head as she stood at the closed door...gripping her gun tightly in her hand as her finger hovered over the trigger she glanced over to her partner Dennis who gave her a quick nod of approval..she stood back as she reminisce those words about her life she was no longer a rookie...no longer a loser for that matter..now here she was Officer Holly Mathews taking a few steps back from the tall wooden door...her right foot risen as she took a deep breath and allowed her boot collid with the door forcing it to burst open as she watched the people inside panic as they seen her uniform...the adrenaline rushed through her after months of paper work and tracking people down it was all because of this...shouting at Nick Turner to place his hands behind his back as her gun pointed directly over his heart..that's if he even had one..Holly had spent the last 6 months on this case she knew everything about him...how he had brought in over 1 billion dollars worth of heroin into the US over the past couple of years making a great name for himself, snatching young teenage girls convincing them he was some agent that could get them somewhere in life with their looks..they all ended up junkies and whoring themselves out for Nick to make a great little profit for himself. He was well known in LA for his drug smuggling and prostitution of underage girls...it was worth it now...all these months of gathering enough evidence by even putting her own life at risk here Holly was watching his smug face crumble as the S.W.A.T team raided his condo.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used in the Court of law" Holly stated as two rookies held the gangster to his feet...the dark haired girl lowered her gun as she stood in front of him

"I want to speak to my lawyer" Nick stated

"He's already on his way to the station" Holly replied keeping her cool...even though she was stood in front of one of the most violent men in LA she was the one wearing the uniform, holding the gun and arresting him.

"I see you are well prepared" Nick complimented as he allowed his eyes roam over her armed body..was he really eye fucking her right now...she needed to remain calm...do her job...normally she would have kicked him in the balls by now..

"Like I said Mr. Turner you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used in the Court of law" she said as she nodded at the two rookies to take him away...he began to walk as the officers pulled him towards the door, stopping as he came face to face with the young officer.

"I'll remember you" he whispered glancing down at her badge "you're a lot like your father" he added

"Go" she snapped at the officers as his evil laughed ringed her ears until he was out of the apartment.

Holly loosened her vest trying to breath she was getting another panic attack...not here..she thought as she tried to relax her rapid breathing..not now...you've got him she reminded herself...she flinched as she felt a hand grip her shoulder

"Holly are you ok" Dennis asked as her noticed the tensed brunette

"Yeh" she lied as she gave him a quick smile "Lets just bag up the evidence and get back to Higgins" she added as she busied herself into her work yet again...

***

A huge round of applause echoed through the station as Dennis and Holly walked through the office space towards the back.

"Thanks" Holly smiled along the way as Senior Officers patted her back and congratulated her..a sense of relief washed over her...this was her first proper case she had lead with her Partner Dennis..she knew at the start of the case it wasn't going to be easy, She was sure Higgins had given her this case just to watch her fail...but here she was..walking into his office with her partner on tail as her bosses face lit up.