4.Awful Reality of Life

Days have past with school. There has been nothing really significant that happened to single them out. Mostly just me trying to catch up with everyone else in my classes. On the first day, some of my teachers told me a list of supplies I needed. But I already had most of them anyways. No one has really talk to me so I don't talk to others. And most lunches I've spent with my brother, Ty. But today has been extremely fun (being totally sarcastic there), so let me start at the beginning:

It was Friday. And Fridays should be good, right? Well not this one. Lets just sum it up. I slept in late, three hours late. I don't know how I possibly did that but I did. And so did my mom. But Ty somehow got there on time. Mom got ready and got me to school as fast as she could. But I ended up missing my first three classes. I almost fell asleep in my forth period. When I got to lunch, I realized that I didn't have anything to eat. Ty shared a bit of his food with me. The rest of the day was a drag. It was just crap. Mom was a little late to pick us up. And when I got home, I layed on my bed. Not caring if I had stuff to do.

But the worst part came around 5 o'clock.

I heard the front door open from my room. I had gotten off my bed and started working on homework. I was half way done with my world history work when I heard the door. I knew it was my dad. I mean who else would it be. I tried to focus on my work, but my mind kept wondering off. Then I heard a pop. Not like a gun pop. But like a bottle - opening kind of pop. I dismissed the noise. When I finished my homework, I packed my school stuff into my bag. I then moved my backpack next to my open door. I looked out into the living room. There was my dad, sitting in his usual spot, with a bottle of beer in his hand. His back was facing me as he watched something on the tv. I turned away and walked back into my room. I started opening boxes and unpacking them.

When I had about five boxes left, I heard some foot steps. I could tell it was my mom. I turned toward the door and saw her standing in the door way.

"Oh, hey mom- "

"Honey, close and lock your door," she looked back into the living room. She was nervous.

"But why," I stood up from the floor.

She looked back at me, "Your father . . . . . He's drunk."

"What are you going to do?"

"Don't worry about me, just close the door. Alright?"

I nodded, "Okay," I pressed my lips together as I walked over to my door.

Mom nodded as she walked away.

I sighed. I closed my bedroom door and locked it. I walked back to my bed then sat down.

This, this, is the awful reality of life. My dad worked all day and when he came home, he would "relax". And how he does that is by drinking beer. And when he drinks too much, he would be drunk. And that's when he would abuse mom and me. It's nothing that bad. I mean, yeah being abused is pretty bad. But my dad, he just would push us around a little hard. It's not like he's pointing a gun or a knife at us. And once he became sober, he doesn't recall what he had done. It's awful. We can't go to anyone about it. It just, we can't. Brandon and Ty don't do anything or else they'll get hurt. No one would help us. It's terrible but true.

I lay down on my bed. I slowly closed my eyes. I wish I didn't live this kind of life. I then quietly slipped into the dream world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BANG BANG BANG!!!

My eyes shot open. I looked around myself. It was pitch dark. I had fallen asleep just a few minutes after my mom left my room. I still had yesterday's clothes on. I pulled my phone out to check the time. The phone's brightness blinded me. Through squinting eyes, I saw the time read 3:19. As I stood up from my bed, I heard a loud thud on my door.

I jumped back and ended up falling to the floor. It went again, and again. Fear covered my face. Oh God, not again. Sometimes when my dad would get drunk, he'll stay drunk for almost the whole night. And he'll end up making noises until morning.

I scrambled to get to my feet. I glanced at the door knob as it started to jiggle. I relaxed my tense body slightly. The door was still locked. I let out a sigh as I turned away from the rattling door. I used my phone as a light while I walked back to my bedside. I slipped into the covers. As I shut off my phone, I was plunged into complete darkness. I layed there, trying to fall asleep but I kept hearing my dad. I winced every time I heard a bang.

Soon enough, my eyes stayed closed and I fell asleep.

[ Author's Note.]
Hey guys, if you been reading up to this point, thank you. You have no idea how important it is to have some people who are interested. Don't worry, things will get heated up soon. But anyways, about this chapter.
Mary and her mom do get abused by her dad. I know this is a very hard topic for people and to read about. But this is all part of the story and has to happen. And you guys will find out. Hopefully, this doesn't upset you and drive you away. Like I said, it has to happen for some parts to make sense.
Anyways, keep on reading (it's good for you) :)

Word count : 1021