10. The Workig Life

Beep Beep Beep

I slowly opened my right eye. I looked over to see my phone going off. I groaned as I slowly reached over to my phone. I pushed the off button for the alarm. I sighed as I dropped my phone on my pillow. It was 8 in the morning on a Saturday. I wasn't use to being up so early.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I slowly got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. Mom was sitting at the dining table, sipping on some coffee. She looked very tired. I sat down with a bowl of cereal and milk.

She looked over at me, "Good morning, Mary."

"Morning Mom," I said as I started to pour milk into the bowl. After a few bites, I looked up and said, "I was wanting to go to the theater and get started working."

She nodded her head while sipped on some coffee. She put down the mug and said, "You should probably get ready then."

I nodded as I finished my bowl of cereal. I rinsed out my bowl and left it in the sink. I then went to my room and closed the door. I pulled out a dark blue flannel and a pair of black skinny jeans. I then started to get dressed.

~*~*~*~

The ride to the theater was quiet but that was okay with me. We arrived about 10 o'clock. My mom dropped me off and told her to call when I was done. There was a few people in front of the ticket booth. I walked inside, not entirely sure where I should go next. I looked to the left and saw the red carpeted steps. I walked up the stairs. I then went to Albert's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard Albert call out.

I slowly opened the door.

He looked up at me and smiled, "Hello Mary."

"Hi," I took some steps toward his desk.

"Ready for your first day?"

I just nodded my head.

He stood up from his desk and headed out of his office. I followed him out. He walked across the hall into a room on the other side. I followed him inside.

The room wasn't that big. It had a table against the left wall. There were a few CDs layed across the the table. There was also a stack of papers that looked like a schedule. On the opposite side of the door was a projector sitting on a tall table. There was a small window that the projector shined out to the actually theater. I could see many people finding seats.

"As you can tell," Albert interrupted my thoughts, "This is one of our Screening rooms. There's not much to explain about these rooms. And usually I am the one who deals with this part of the theater."

I nodded as I listened.

"The other screening room is just like this so we'll head to the other rooms."

"Okay," I replied as I followed him out into the hallway.

We walked down the hall. We even passed the staircase and another door on our left. Albert said it was the other screening room. He lead me to a door on the right. He opened the door and we walked in.

It was a small room. The first thing that caught my attention was a man sitting on a couch. The couch was on the right side of the room. On the left side was a small kitchen. The smell of coffee filled my nose.

"Oh!" The man quickly stood up. His hand were wrapped around a coffee mug.

Albert chuckled, "You can sit down, Kevin. No need to get all worked up."

He nervously chuckled, "Oh okay." And he sat back down.

"Mary," He looked at me then gestured over to the man, "This is Kevin. He also works here. He usually cleans the theaters after they have been used. He also works the projectors when I can't."