6.Rex Jefferson

It was Tuesday morning. Rex was sitting with his friends at the back of the school. They were gladly chatting while he was listening. His mind started to wonder off.

It had be a few days since he had invited Mary to hang out with him. And he still haven't seen her. He would see her in class but not during lunch. It was as if she was afraid to admit that she didn't have to be alone. She was quiet in all the classes that they shared. And she got easily annoyed when he would start talking to her. Even though she was like that, he still wanted to get to know her. There was just something about her.

All of a sudden, Rex was pulled out of his thoughts, "What?"

"What's up with you? You're not talking like you usually do," said his friend, Mark Scott. He was as tall as Rex, but he had short brown hair. He was a cool guy and very considerate.

"Nothing. I was just thinking."

"What?! Rex, thinking. No way!" Brent Brown said laughing. He was a year older than the others. (Because he got held back.) He was taller than everyone in their group and he went by BB.

Rex rolled his eyes, "Shut up!" He pushed his friend, playfully.

They laughed.

He looked to see their last two friends. It was Luke Miller and Alice Shay. They were both sophomores and were dating each other. They were a cool couple. Once they got there, the group started to talk and joke around. When the bell rung, they headed off to their first class. The boys all shared the same first period which was baseball practice. That's actually where they all first became friends. Rex walked with his friends but his mind kept wondering off.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Rex walked out to the back of the school, close to the same place he was that morning. Out in this area, there were many picnics tables placed all over the grassy hill. He turned and started walking to the farthest table. Already there was Alice and BB. They were laughing about something. He walked to the other side of the table and sat down.

Alice turned while still smiling and asked, "Hey Rex, have you seen Luke?"

He shook his head no.

Alice shrugged her shoulders and started eating. Rex pulled his food out onto the table. Soon after, Mark and Luke walked up to the table. Mark sat down on Rex's left while Luke sat next to his girlfriend. They all started talking about random things and laughing over stupid stuff. After a bit, Rex glanced around and something easily caught his eye. More like someone.

Her brown hair that fell past her shoulders and her chocolate eyes. Her head hung a bit as she walked toward his table. Mary was so shy sometimes. Rex quickly got up. He ran up to her, nearly scaring the crap out of her. She jumped back as she jerked her head up.

"Hey Mary!" He said with a smile.

She sighed, "Hi Rex."

"So you decided to come?"

She nodded even though she didn't seem as excited as him.

"Come on. I'll introduce you to my weird friends," He started walking toward the table with Mary right on his tail. All his friends were still talking until they were standing at the table. Mary looked at the ground.

Mark looked at Rex, "Who's this?"

"This is Mary. Mary," She looked up at hearing her name, "These are my weird friends. That's Mark, Luke, Alice and Brent. He goes by BB though," Rex pointed to all his friends as he named them.