Rossetti Hathaway Belikov, daugther of Rose and Dimitri of vampire academy

Disclaimer: The Vampire Academy Series of Richelle Mead ws already completed but I still can't get enough of it so I decided to make a continuation by my work "Rose Hathaway and Dmitri Belikov 7 years after  vampire academy" (see my profile). This however, is what is left of St. Vladimir when Rose and Dimitri, Lissa and Christian lready had a family

Rossetti

         I always wonder why my mom never kept metals around the house if ever you can find one, it's lock behind our titanium cabinet and only she and my dad have access to.

        When I was 6, I tried to pick the locks of that cabinet, unfortunately, mom caught me and made me face the wall for the entire day.

      When I was 8, I successfully picked the locks but before I can even touch one single metal, dad caught me and made me read that horridious russian book of his. You can imagine how many times I yawned reading that boring stuff.

       When I was 10, I successfully opened the cabinet without getting caught. HOORAY! Mom and dad were too busy to notice with their hands full of Strigoi attacks. When I touched one of our metal knives, I pluckered my lips. "What's so special with them anyway?" I touch them and nothing happened. Maybe mom and dad were just exaggerating. "Goodbye, knives..." I genty laid the knives back and jump my way up to my bedroom.

        When I was 13, it was thanksgiving. I decided to surprise my parents and may my home-made salad (special thanks to google). I picked the locks of cabinet. AGAIN. I cut the fruits and vegetables using the knife that I got when the door of our living room burst open. TADA! Mom and Dad was there seeing me holding a metal knife in one hand.

"SURPRISE!" I grinned showing my perfect white teeth.

My mom paled. "Dimitri----is that what I think it is?" Her eyes were turned from me and to the knife and back to me.

My father's jaw clenched. UH OH! He's angry and I know it. "Rossetti."

I swallowed. He's really angry.

"Put the knife down." My dad's face was very serious that anything that may come between us is a dead meat.

I hold both my hands up. My mom gasped. "Oh my God. Oh my God! That's a kn-----"

My eyebrow raised. "Seriously mom, this," raising the knife. " this is a knife. A metal knife. It's not rocket science."

"I said, put that down, Rossetti!" I stiffened. My dad never used that voice. He walked beside me with speed that I know he had. But I was still fast enough to left go of the knife before he reached me.

"There! No knife! No kn-------" My voice was caught inside my throat. All of the sudden, I can feel the world turned upside, down. I was falling. Falling face first on the floor. 

"ROSSETTI!" I heard both my parents yelled before I lose my consciousness.

I woke up in the court's infirmary. My parents was there. My grandparents was there. The whole dragomir line was there. The whole family was there.

"What did I missed? Did I just die or something. What's with the reunion?" My voice was confused. I feel normal. NOthing hurts.

My mom immediately run beside me and had me crushing in her arms. "Damn it, Rossetti. Don't you ever do that again!"

"Language,mom..."

"Shut  up..."  She hugged and kissed my forehead. Dad brushed my hair and  the next thing I knew, the whole family was on their feet and hugging me.

"Okay... This is creepy. Why in the hell did the Belikov family traveled here inside the court from Russia. And why is the royal family here?"

"You were asleep for 2 days,Ro." I stared back at Aunt Lissa.

I turned and look at my mom. "Your aunt's right, Ro. You scared us! We thought...we thought, you were...." Normally, my mom says what she has in mind. This is some of the rare moments where she lose words. "Please don't ever do that again."

From that day, i knew that metals are dangerous. At least for me. According to my mom, it might be the cause of my death but never explained further.

I know I was  special but I didn't really realized that my charmed life can be either a curse or  a gift. I have to be careful when metals are around and more secrets were  revealed on my last year at St. Vladimir Academy where we were exposed  more on metals and equipment.

My unusual talent can cause me both happiness and despair. I'm Rossetti Hathaway Belikov, and this is my story.