The ending

XIV

          I slowly open my eyes and I heard whispers from the people in the room.

“Rose, she really was the redeemer” I recognized Lissa’s voice.

“Redeemer?” my mom asked.

“Yeah, the book we read when she was 2? It says that she’ll bring redemption for all of us.” She replied.

“Mom?” she went on my bed and hold my hand.

“Yes Ro?”

“I love you” I said.

“I love you too baby”

“Where’s Chris?

“He’s still sleeping” she said pointing at Chris who were curled up on the near sofa.

“I’m not the redeemer, Auntie Liss. I’m just an instrument of God. God is really the redeemer.” They laugh.

“You really are your father’s child” We laughed.

Epilogue

          I graduated with flying colors. I became Chris’ guardian. Sydrian became Lian’s guardian and Mion got his own guardian. 5 years later, everybody decided to settle down Chris and I got married, Sydrian and Lian got married and of course Mion got married to Ella. I gave birth to a twin; Chris was so excited that we passed out when he heard our babies’ first cry. The war from Strigoi had ended but one mystery remained unsolved. Who broke the ward? But who cares? As long as there are no evil creatures of the night lurking around. We all lived a happily ever after.