The unexpected visit from the queen

X

We were loaded in the car back to the academy.

“Put pressure in her wound” my father ordered to Chris.

He obliged and began to put his trembling hands in my stab wound.

“Uncle! The light on Ro’s mark is faltering” Chris informed urgently.

My dad cursed and speeds up the car. Shortly, were in the academy’s clinic. Dr. Olendzki brought me to the operating room and transferred me to the isolation room, a room for special cases like me and resembles an ICU.

“She’s in bad shape, although the stab was not fatal, her body react differently making it more difficult to treat her.” She said looking at my father.

“She’ll be under observation within 24 hours” They nodded. My father told Chris to clean-up since he was covered with my blood.

          The next day Lian, Sydrian and Mion came looking for Chris. They found him on his room laid open eyes staring at the ceiling unblinking. Eyes were ringed with dark spot because of lack of sleep.

“What happened?” Lian asked shaking his shoulders.

“Ro is in critical condition if she won’t get better within 24 hours, she may be in coma or worst brain dead.” He said blinking the tears away.

They all sobbed as they heard the news. The royal that I rescued eavesdrop in Chris’ room and cried their hearts out. Classes were suspended that day. Guardians, teachers, classmates and schoolmates came to see me in the clinic. They brought me flowers and card letter that they paste on the wall. My mother, Chris’s parents, Sydrian’s parents and Adrianne paid me a surprise visit. The crowd stayed out of the way as they burst the great hall. People were shock to see the queen and bowed down to her, she courtesy in return.

They forced a sleeping pill in Chris’s drink because he refused to sleep and leave my side. Later Lissa came to visit me. All my classmates gave way and bowed their head and stayed at the corner of the room. She stood beside me in the hospital bed placing her hands over me. Her aura lit but nothing happened I still stayed unconscious. Tears started to fall from their eyes and hugged each other.

“Rossetti is immune with all the elemental magic Liss... including spirits.” My mom said.

Chris bolted up to bed and run towards the clinic and sighed in relief when he saw that I was still there. He clasped my hands and said,

“Please come back Ro. I need you now more than ever.” I started to open my eyes. He peered over me, his face filled with expression of delight.

“Ro, you’re fine!” he said.

I smiled but briefly that smiled slowly faltered, my eyes began to close, my mark began to flick on and off and the lines from the heart monitor began to flatten. He rush out and informed the people outside and tried to explain what happened while sobbing, his father tried to calm him down. My group of friends started to cry and immediately prayed for my safety. Dr. Olemdzki went out of my room; her expression was like she was carrying the world on her shoulders.

“She’s in coma” Everyone’s world was shattered. Weeks later my health didn’t improve my mother and all of the others were forced to get back to court due to unfinished and hanging businesses. Although my mother hated leaving me behind, she has no choice. Life’s goes on in the academy, from time to time royals paid me a visit. My best friends were greatly affected but tried to be strong for me. Chris became my permanent nurse.

“I hope you will be well soon Ro. I miss you.” I swear I can hear him saying words like that and telling me the latest updates in the academy but my eyes were too heavy for me to open.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!