I woke up in the clinic again.. My grandfather's visit

IV

          I woke up in the clinic again. My dad was there caressing my hair “Dad?” he peered over me and said, “How are you?” concern was visible from his eyes.

“I’m fine” I looked at him and asked the questions that bothered me most. “Why do I feel weak when I’m prick by metals dad?” I asked tears starting to fall from my eyes. He immediately brushed my tears away and sighed, “Because you’re special” he said “You’re the only living child to came from both dhampir blood. You’re the chosen one that exists centuries ago.” He continued “That’s why you were not affected by elemental magic that cause you harm and your wound heal rapidly except when touched by metal.”

“How’d you know?” I asked. He smiled and said “You exhibited you’re unusual powers when you were 2 years old Ro, when Mion and Chris fought over you”

“They fought over me?”I said in disbelief. He laughed. He accompanied me to my next class. My classmates were all staring at me. I went at the back to sit near Sydrian. Before I reached the back Ralph gripped my hand and asked if I were okay. I nodded. Mark, Dean, Thomas and 6 others asked the same thing. Sydrian seeing that I can’t even reach my sit without much talk immediately stand up.

“The class is about to start, so back off guys.” He said and led me to my sit. I was annoyed with all the boys who were all hitting on me. I know I’m beautiful with my waist length brown silky hair, angelic face and gorgeous body. I turn most of the boys on but didn’t bother to give them chances. After all Sydrian is the only one for me. Guilt crossed his green eyes, “I’m fine!” I said and elbowed him he sighed in relief. “By the way, I’m going with Lian in the ball” he said happily. All my hopes were gone. “How about you? Have you chosen from over your 20 plus suitor?”

“None because you three are scaring them off” I grunted referring to Mion, Chris and him.

“Why don’t you take Chris instead?” he said. I thought of that for a second and said to myself Why not?

V

          Few days later, our group were on the canteen, “Ro, do you have a gown for the ball?” She asked with twinkling eyes.

“None” I said. Momentarily I saw the crowd split out and my rich and famous grandfather emerged from the crowd. My eyebrows crossed.

“What is he doing here?” I hissed in our group. They all shrugged.

“My beautiful young granddaughter” he exclaimed as if he owned the world. “Won’t you give grandpa a kiss?” I forced to stand up and gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

“Young man, your father brought you your robe, he asked me to deliver it for you.” He said looking at Sydrian and flicks his fingers. His guardian immediately brought an elegant looking box. Sid blushed seeing that all the attention was onto us. I rolled my eyes, “Grandpa! Seriously, we’re in the canteen. People are supposed to eat in peace. Can’t it wait for a while?” I complained. He strokes my hair and ordered his guardian to bring the baggage in Sydrian’s room. Feeling embarrass I let him sit in our table.

“I believe you haven’t got your gown?”

“Yeah”

“I’ll take you to Missoula this weekend” he said turning to Lian, “Oh, Lian your mother said that you can come with us.

“Really? Thanks” she said giving her most charming smile. Mion, Chris and Sydrian immediately asked if they can come with us.

“Sure, the more the merrier isn’t it?” he replied, “Bye for now” and gently planting a kiss of my forehead. I sighed in relief.

“You’re grandpa is awesome Ro” they exclaimed. I just shook my head. They haven’t seen the worst of him.