Chapter 5

The cold wind was blowing harshly making me shiver in my dress. The tension in the air was so thick that you can cut it with a knife making me uneasy, Sheriyar Bhai was openly glaring at our new audience, why? of which I had no idea whereas, the new audience or should I say Aarej, yes Aarej, Haroon bhai's cousin was also looking at him with a frightening look on his face. I coughed awkwardly to stop this staring match but to my dismay, both of them ignored me.
I finally had enough of being ignored & I called Sheriyar bhai's name

Sheriyar Bhai...Sheriyar bhai You have to do something remember?

I murmured loudly to which two pairs of eyes immediately looked upon me one soft with gentleness, the other hard etched with fury. I looked at Sheriyar Bhai & repeated myself to which he hummed a low yes while, I was talking I looked at the hard ones which were filled with so much anger that I shivered, and Sheriyar bhai following my gaze snapped

Maha...Go inside right now!!!

I confusingly asked him

But bhai...

He again shouted

Now...Maha

I gave him a hurtful glance because of his shouting and went inside quietly.

Well, I was beyond confused & totally upset...I didn't understand the stare-down between Aarej & Sheriyar bhai, they were looking at each other like mortal enemies & why was Aarej so angry at Sheriyar Bhai...wallah this is so complicated & Sheriyar bhai you just wait & watch...Sheriyar Bhai how can he shout at me like this?
How?... Ughhhhh.....now he better forget about that biryani because he will only eat it in his dreams...Ughhhhhhhh...I am so upset...
I turned my head shaking myself from my thoughts, towards aunty who was calling my name. I hurried towards her as she instructed me about Rukhsar's Rukhsati(a bride's farewell) I nodded & quickly completed my tasks & wait with Arooba at the gate for the groom(Haroon Bhai) for Rukhsati. To avoid any Beh pardaghi(closure b/w men & women) it was arranged that Haroon Bhai alone will come on the main door of the house & receive the bride only in presence of all Rukhsar mahrams(blood relatives) & will take her to the car. Finally, he arrived, he looked on cloud nine if anything has to say with the bright grin stretched on his face. After many heartfelt goodbyes, a glowing happy but teary Rukhsar left suddenly ending this bittersweet evening.
I exhausted, went to the garden as all the male guests had left already. I love the Nature of Allah a lot...SubhanAllah what a beautiful creation it is! I thought while touching a rose & smelling it. I heard a noise behind me I turned & Aarej was standing there looking at me

What is he doing here?

He answered

I came to meet you

Oops I guess I said that aloud

Yup you did