Chapter 24

The howling wind swished through the evergreen tress.The branches swayed as the melody of wind picked up.Leaves dropping in the whirlwind helpless to the frightening assault.The deafening sounds of the thundering wind could not beat the all-too-calm silence in the car.Although, this Calm before the Storm would put these winds to shame.It was that horrible with its suffocating presence, making itself known.It was unbearable, to say was an huge understatement.

I watched through the tinted glass as the trees blurred in hues of green brown. Though, it did nothing to calm the raging storm inside me.My stomach in knots,  my heart ached & my chest heaving tightly in restraint. My throat clogged with the ball of emotions making it hard for me to breathe.I closed my eyes trying to control myself but the memories assaulted me in a flash making me shudder.

One hour Ago!

I want to meet my family!

I blurted, my eyes wide with shock at my own words.The illusion of happiness on date with my prince charming shattered in pieces, as the said prince charming callously uttered

No!

My prince charming transformed into the devil himself in front of my eyes. His twinkling grinning eyes changed into blazing black ones.All the earlier mellowness & tenderness melted from his god-like face instead, the beast with its heartless, cold indifferent look took over.The rare boyish smile turned into brutal, mocking smirk.The gentleman who wooed me to dance was changed into dark intimidating monster with a death glare that could melt mountains. The word "No" was disgruntled with such callousness & sheer indifference that I stumbled back horrified. It was not the word but the way he dismissed my request with such casual dismissal & cold indifference like he was refusing an unwanted meal not the matter about most important people in my life. It was such a reality check for me. The cruel refusal, a bucket of ice cold water for me.All my feelings for Aarej vanished, all that was left was all-consuming hate.I was a prisoner, His prisoner it does not matter whatever name officially was given to our relationship. To the world he was my husband & I was his wife, but in harsh reality, He was my captor & I was His captive.

The sudden urge to bawl my eyes out, to scream at the world about the sheer unfairness of my life. I really wanted to...but I refused to break down in front of him, refused to beg him in utter desperation, refused to let him see how helpless he have màde me, how vulnerable I was!....so I just swallowed the overwhelming grief, chocked my screams & straightened my shoulders, blanking my face into emotionless.I gave him my most hateful glare wishing him to burst in flames right there & turned my back walking outside.Hardly, a minute later he walked beside me nonchalantly like he didn't just killed a part of me, that part that hoped I will meet my family, I will get to see them again.He killed that hope stomping it under his shoes.We managed to finally, made it to the car but before that he gripped the assistant manager by the throat throwing him on the pavement like a rag doll kicking him viciously & then with deliberate cruelty, he fired him from his job.He prowled back with a mocking smirk looking at me & I hated him more at his show of open brutality. We quickly settled in the car & I ignored the beautiful monster beside me.

Present!

The sudden lurch snapped me out of my thoughts.I looked around & noticed we were inside the Villa.I didn't bother to glance at the vile monster & hurried out of the car leaving his despicable presence.When I entered Fatima was hovering at the door, excitement clear on her face.She captured my wrist tugging me excitedly for details. I just stared at her blankly when she noticed, her smile vanished, leaving my hand she watched me sadly.I walked away with a heavy heart I wanted to hug her & cry my heart out but she was His loyal & I didn't want to associate with Him or any of his people.After removing all my jewelry & changing my clothes I prayed to Allah Almighty(Al- Rehman)  prostrating before him with all my flaws, asking him to relieve me of this mounting grief, sorrow & despair.To show me the way in this dark tunnel & gave me patience to bear this agony. Verily, He is the Most Merciful & Beneficent.My tears flowed in streaks but with each drop I felt the pain ebbing. After my prayer I just sat there, my mind peaceful though my heart was crying blood tears.I dont know when the thoughts of my family lured me to sleep.My last thought was smiling faces of Ami Abu before darkness claimed me.