He's Not Here

+Gravity Falls: Restaurant+

Dipper had started the day like he normally does and tries to forget about the nightshift. It was someone else's problem now, not his.

He had gone to the restaurant as usual and worked his usual serving job, smiling at the kids and their parents as he went back and forth with them. The gaze from Bill on stage never leaving his form alone.

Mabel was there with him because she had a day off from work today. "Bro bro, are you sure you want to let someone else handle the night guard position? I mean I can already tell that Bill is not gonna like the idea one bit."

Dipper rolled his eyes as he cleaned up the table near his sister. "Mabel I was just filling in the shift until the Manager was able to find a replacement. Now there's a new guy to fill it in." He glanced over to Bill with his friends on stage.

Pyronica and Tad were secretly taking looks at them with worried expressions. The people around them oblivious to the bots expressions. Bill seemed to not notice a thing because he's in a daydream state while singing and staring at Dipper.

"Seriously Dipper, just look at Bill right now, he's in his daydream stage thing about tonight while handling his song at the same time. He has got it really bad for you." His twin told him in a hush whisper.

The male took a quick look at Bill to see the bot get even more lovesick for his attention awaiting for tonight. He groaned in embarrassment and disappointment with himself. 'Maybe I shouldn't have confessed to Bill before I was relieved from night guard duty.'

"Are you regretting your decision now Dip Dot?"

"Kind of..." Dipper replied as he wiped the table down slowly. He sighed and put the wipe away. "We'll talk later, Mabel alright?"

Mabel sighed too and nodded her head. "Alright bro bro, we're not letting this conversation go until you make your decision." She huffed as she watched him go back to work.

"Thank you everyone for listening to me! I have one more song for all of you, before I go catch my break." Bill grinned as he told them. "Enjoy!" The lights lowered and the light focused of Bill inside his cage.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Dipper knew that song was meant for him. Though he would not give Bill the pleasure of him watching. He had to forget and distance himself.

Dang, who knew?
All the planes we flew
Good things we've been through
That I'll be standing right here talking to you
'Bout another path
I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up
Look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days
Hard work forever pays
Now I see you in a better place
(see you in a better place)

Tad sang when the lights shined on him and he tipped his hat.

Uh
How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

Bill took over singing from Tad. He smiled and sang while swinging on his swing. His eyes following the moving Dipper Pines.