prologue

It was to quiet of a day for any of one of you. Even Leonardo found it incredibly concerning. No activities regarding foot soldiers or kraang. Surprisingly nothing from purple dragons either or what you'd rather, the "barny gang". You remember running into them with Michelangelo. You heard their gang name and lost it. Mikey was most considerably confused, they weren't much of a laughing matter despite themselves. You spoke up between laughter " what kinda gang names themselves after a kids show with a purple dinosaur?!" Both you and mikey came back to your respective homes battered however, but of course with a laughably good reason. Not a one of you let's the gang live that down. Not a one of the turtles go a day with out chuckling about it either. You even have a faint scar on your arm from that day, one of them managing to drag their nails across your arm leaving you bloody but still giving you more to work off of in jokes.
"Oh my god look out for B.J!" The references to yellow protoceratops was what had mikey almost wheezing with laughter as well.
The guy even had the fitted red cap on too.
All in all, the gang was still a pain, so you found it better that its become very quiet, despite how concerning it is. Often times, when it was as quiet as its been theyed let you know to come over that night if you'd like. A text with " lairs clear, its been quiet, let's hang if ya want :)" or something along those lines. Most usually it was Leo who sent them, they made it very clear to you not to text them first unless its an emergency. Remembering last time April did they were on a mission, getting caught and their plans went right out the window. You found it understandable. You'd always text back immediately, " are you guys okay, hurt, having fun, ect?" Keeping your mind busy as you made your way to the manhole covers. Usually it was dark when you had the chance to see them, so your imagination went rampant. There were the rare times however, they would text to let you know what's up. Usually from Donatello. Letting you know vague info on their mission or trouble with enemies that night. You always made it clear to them its okay to vent to you. You couldn't really relate with their wild lifestyle but you didn't have to. You just listened. Knowing personally It means more than anything to just sit and listen. Even when you can't help in larger ways, that does more than nothing. Mostly, however, mikey would just send you memes. The most ridiculous and out of context things anyone could ever think of, but it was a good laugh.
Leos texts were always small talk. Sometimes he'd go on for ever about his favorite shows, sometimes go on forever about his brothers.
Raphael, never really vented. He didn't distance himself, no. Rather he just wasn't comfortable talking about it, that was okay too. One night, though, he talked about a bad dream. Nothing brutal, but it struck a chord with him. A loved one was hurt, he wasnt specific on who. He said " the dream was to vived to be something not real, ya know? Like I was actually there."
You've had em' before. Several times when they wouldn't or forgot to text or call to let you know they're okay.
Raph was the one who would send those messages. The thumbs up on their lives. Literally, that was all it was, the thumbs up emoji. It was nice to know though.
It was nice to know.