Authors note

I hate these things when they cut in the middle of a story, so I put it at the end. If you like to read feel free to, however. It gets kinda personal.

For a long period of my life I had a dad. He was pretty cool. I no longer have a dad because of his own personal choices. He left, I felt vulnerable and it hurt. Now I could care less cause I have many fictional characters that could fill that hole.
Let's assume everybody who gushes over Rapheal has daddy issues.
We like him not only because we can see ourselves in him but also because he's a hot headed loyal brother who would protect anyone of his friends and family.
There's a protectiveness in him and many other brooding characters you may have a crush on, that there wasn't in our fathers or possibly, mothers.
So anytime you gush over a brooding, charming male or female figure, just think for a moment. Why?
Because a loved one, so close to you has hurt you so much emotionally, that you moved and resorted to filling that hole with characters depicted as much stronger, more emotional, loyal and protective.
Im not saying everyone who likes characters with those common traits are like that, but it gives you an idea. This is also kinda just general idea I have about it.
ALSO:
I got really tired with finding story's with the whole tmnt x reader schtick where it wasn't just fucken or smoochin.
I just have a thing about those things I guess idk. Its just, let's be asexual partners and cuddle and watch Hannibal?
Turtle dicks are gross AF
Wtf...!