Chapter 5 - Daughter of Asgard

I paced back and forth in the throne room. Sif had gone off to get Thor and Frigga, and Odin disappeared to who knew where. Besides the guards who stood keeping watch, I was alone. Why did Odin seem so horrified when he had heard of what I'd seen? I sighed heavily and sat down on the steps that led up to the throne.

"I'm surprised they left you alone."

My head whipped up and I looked around for where the voice had come from. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Did either of you say something?" I called out to the guards.

Neither replied, neither even gave a slight shake of their head. Couldn't they hear me?

"Those imbeciles can't hear you, but even if they could they would not be allowed to speak." The voice said again. This time I could hear more clearly that it was a woman.

The air in front of me shimmered and a woman appeared. She wore a green dress, golden beads decorating the bodice. Golden armbands covered her forearms and connected a similar green, sheer fabric to the dress. Her long, blond hair was held back from her face by an emerald crown that outlined her gently chiseled face. She stared down at me with intense, green eyes and a faint smirk was on her lips.

"My, my, you grew to be more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Of course it should be no surprise, you are my daughter after all," she said finishing with a soft cackle.

My eyes widened in shock. Daughter? There was no possible way this woman was my mother. I jumped as she suddenly reached a hand towards my face. There was a tingling sensation on my cheek where her fingers were, but I couldn't feel her flesh.

"What a shame, but our time to meet in person will come soon." Her gaze moves away from and she stares towards the entrance. "Looks like my time has run out," a sinister smile takes her lips as she looks back at me. "I will see you soon, my daughter."

She winks at me as the air around her shimmers and she disappears as quickly as she appeared. I began hearing someone calling my name, but the voice sounded far away. Suddenly I felt strong hands on my shoulders and I stared into familiar blue eyes. Why was I looking into my own?

"Keira?"

I finally recognized Thor's voice and realized I was looking at him. I blinked and shook my head.

"Keira? Are you alright?" He asked with a surprisingly gentle tone.

"Yeah, I just, I don't know... Did any of you see the woman?" I looked to Frigga and Sif, but they both shook their heads.

"Woman? What woman?" Thor asked in confusion. "When we entered you sat frozen in place. Your eyes were glazed over and you were uttering words we could not understand."

"What did the woman looked like?" Sif asked suddenly.

"Um, she had long, blonde hair, green eyes, and wore a lot of green," I said shakily.

"Thor, that sounds like-"

"Amora," he said tight lipped.

"Amora? Who's that?" I asked.

"One of the most powerful women in all of the Nine Realms. Sometimes I believe her to be even more powerful than Karnilla the Norn Queen." Thor said calmly.

"She kept saying that she is my mother... Is that true?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Thor looked away from me, like he didn't want to answer me. Frigga suddenly moved forward and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You must tell her the truth... We cannot delay this any longer," she said softly.

I looked from Frigga to Thor in confusion. "Delay what any longer?"