The Cursed

Deatons Clinic
An hour later

"Ughhhh..." Scott shook his head back and forth, trying to remove the grogginess.  A bright light shone above him, irritating his eyes.  He looked around cautiously till he spotted Malia leaning against the far counter.  Across the room someone was sitting in a chair.  "Corey?" Scott squinted.  "What are you doing here?"  Malia got closer to the medical table and stepped on a pedal, sitting Scott up. 

"That's a good question."  Corey rose, annoyed.  "I should be in school right now but when you lost it Mason asked me to help Malia keep an eye on you.  Mainly because I'm extremely strong and am not tethered by a bitten beta bond like Liam and Hayden."

"If there's such a strong beta bond then how come Liam tried to kill me a few weeks ago?" Scott tilted his head.

"Because" Corey sighed. "That was 'love' and you wouldn't fight back for most of it.  Most alphas have way more control over their betas."

 Scott scoffed.

"Okayyy. So what happened?" Scott went to stand but was caught by something restraining his wrist. He looked down to see two shackles holding him to the bed.

"Sorry." Malia bit her lip. 

"Why am I chained?!" Scott pulled at the shackles.

"What were we supposed to do?!  You went after Liam and Lydia at school because you smelled Stiles and went crazy!"  Malia yelled.

"I did?  Why?" Scott asked confused.

"Because the Nemeton is dying."  The three teens turned toward the side door, leading to the waiting  room where Deaton stood, arms crossed.  "And it's looking for all the help it can get."

"Deaton?  What are you talking about?" Scott sat up in the chair as much as he could.

"The Nemeton was inactive for a very long time but when you, Stiles and Ms. Argent went under you gave it life."

"We knew all that already though." Malia said.  "So why is it just effecting Scott now?"

"Because it's running out of that life force.  When the Dread Doctors created the chimeras and messed with the rules of the supernatural world they must have weakened the Nemeton.  Now it must be trying to save itself."

"How would it do that?" Corey asked, now intrigued.

"Well the Nemeton is a supernatural catalyst for energy.  The tree used to be enough to keep it going, especially with the druids worshiping it.  Now that it's alive but its catalyst is damaged, it's going to look for a new one."

"What do you mean a new catalyst?" Scott asked.

"The Nemeton needs you and Stiles alive now that you're the only things tethered to it.  I guess it thinks the best way to keep you alive is to keep you two close.  It can't make you its catalyst because you're already a werewolf."

"So what?  It's going to turn Stiles into some supernatural beacon to the supernatural?"

"Exactly.  You didn't think it was coincidence that the same week you decide to move in with Stiles you developed feelings for him, did you?"

"Well..."

"Wait! Feelings? What feelings?  What did I miss?" Malia lurched back.  She was completely caught off guard. 

"Well I've been getting these urges when I'm around Stiles." Scott bit his lip.  "And the other night.... we kissed."

"Freaking called it." Corey muttered under his breath.