Chapter 2 - Don't Trust Me. In Fact, Don't Trust Anyone

When he was gone I looked at the dead body of my wife and I tried my best to hold back the tears, but I couldn't take it.

All of my previous wives or male partners were dead by now, but no one of them got murdered. They either left me or died when they got old or sick but none was ever murdered.
I had come across many disgusting and sad things but this topped everything. Seeing your own wife, the person you love, laying in your bed covered in blood, dead. This is the one thing you never want to witness.

I already was sure on who sent Dantalion. Who else should have wanted to see me suffer than Gabriel?
I wasn't sure how he suddenly found out that I'm not in hell but he was the only one who ever wanted to do something bad to me.

Ever since father preferred me over him he only mistreated me. Before, when father spent an equal amount of time with all of us, Gabriel and I were real brothers. We loved each other and cared about each other. Gabriel showed me the earth because he had been there a few times before I was and it was fun. It was real fun. We were like kids in the bodies of adults. We discovered caves and caught fish in shallow rivers; we spent our nights on fields, watching the stars and every day was a new adventure to us, until father ordered us to come back to heaven.

When we got back he declared that he had the idea to create humans. Some of our siblings weren't pleased with this idea, but free will wasn't invented yet so we listened to him. We helped father with everything he needed until his new creation was perfect, or at least more or less perfect.

This was the time when father suddenly spent less time with some angels and most time with me. The angels who got less attention were jealous but Gabriel the most. He always strived to be the perfect son, to get the attention he needed and to be father's favourite and all in sudden everything he worked for was gone.

I understood him at first and I tried to cheer him up but it didn't help. He was angry and tried to avoid contact to me. Slowly we drifted apart and everything that was left of our bond was gone. We were no longer brother. He saw me as his enemy and treated me this way until he became my enemy as well.

Then, out of anger, Gabriel made me lose my wings and father's love, but I wasn't the only one who lost his love. Every angel and every human did, because he left us alone and gave everyone their free will so he wouldn't have to care about us anymore. Only Gabriel managed to get back to god, the only one who didn't deserve it anymore. It didn't bother our father because he thought Gabriel was a good son. He believed everything he told him.

Even though he got what he wanted, he still hated me. Gabriel would have rather died than let me live happily.

While I sat there on the bed beside Dea's corpse I thought about calling the police for a second, but it would have been pointless. I'd get forced to go to a therapy if I tell them a demon killed my wife because of my archangel brother. So I did the only thing that I could do - I buried her.

She was hanging in my arms when I carried her outside in the garden and with every step I took I hoped she would wake up, while I digged her grave I hoped she'd start breathing again and when I lowered her in the dirt I hope she'd smile at me one last time, but when I buried her I knew she wouldn't do anything of this.

I stayed at her grave for a while without saying anything - no "goodbye" and no "I love you", only silence. Then, when the morning sun slowly rose from the horizon and the first glimpse of sun light hit my skin, I turned around and walked inside. Like in a trance I picked up the blanket, the pillow, the carpet and everything else that had stains of blood on it and walked outside once more. After dropping it on the ground I took a step back and moved a hand over the pile which set it on fire.

This furniture wasn't the only thing I burned. I took all the photos of Dea and threw them on the pile to burn. Her clothes followed and then everything that belonged to her. I didn't want anything to remind me of her. Last but not least I striped my wedding ring off and threw it in the fire and since it wasn't a normal fire but an archangel-fire it burned as well.

When everything was ruined by the fire I walked inside in the bedroom and took a bag. I packed my clothes and other necessaries in it until it was full. Then I walked to the cupboard and unlocked a drawer which I hadn't touched in years. Some dust was on the inside and my old sword. It looked like simple silver sword and to every normal angel and human it was a normal sword but to me, Gabriel, Michael and Raphael it was something else - an archangel sword. All of us had one and they were sharper than a normal sword, they made us stronger and we were able kill almost every paranormal being with it because they were made by our father himself.

I picked up the sword and my bag. Then I left my home and got in my car, taking off to the city or wherever I would be able to find a demon. I had enough time to look for one.