Chapter 8 - Highway To Hell

Leo was awake before anyone else. He also woke Winter so she would help him cleaning up, but she refused. The rest of the demons had drank too much last night and therefore hadn't been able to get up early. While Leo cleaned up the mess they made, I went through the details of today's plans with Winter.

She was the one to plan out the most so she was able to tell me everything.
We'd go to hell, separated in three groups. The first group would silently kill Amnael's follwers who wander around in the hallway. They would be the biggest group. The second group would infiltrate Amnael's soldiers and take them out as soon as the first group arrives. Then it would be showtime for the last group - My turn.

I would have to be the one to appear in the room at last, alongside with Winter because I'd need someone to guide me the way. While all the fighting would be going on I'd have to sneak up to Amnael and stab him.

Theoretically it sounded easy.
Theoretically everything sounds easy - except for Maths.

"We need to get the others ready now. It's almost midday." Winter said, getting up and walking in the living room where most of them had been sleeping on the floor. She clapped her hands a few times and declared with a strong voice "Alright, guys and gals, it's time to get up!"

Every single one of them groaned. Not just because they didn't want to get up, but also because a terrible headache was surely terrorising all of them.

After they finally got up some of them ate something and the others got ready, talking about the upcoming event.
When the rest of them was done as well Leo and Brandes took over. "One group it going with me. We meet at the end of the south tunnel." With that Leo teleported himself to hell. Half of the demons did so too and covered the room in smoke.

"The rest come with me to the end of the north tunnel.", Brandes said and dissappeared along with the rest of the demons, except for Winter.

Winter let herself fall in the couch and crossed her legs: "Well, we've got to wait now."

I agreed, but I didn't take a seat. I walked around in the room and twisted my sword in my hands.
I had never said this before, but I was nervous. I knew that if something would go wrong then all my brothers and sisters would fall from heaven. I couldn't risk that - especially because it would have been a catastrophe for human beings as well.

I was nervous because there was so much to lose and inside of me there still was so little hope.

"We'll get this.", Winter said, as if she'd be able to read my mind.Obviously I looked so scared that even she noticed it.
After all I was also just an angel. The only difference to the others was that I was thrown out of our home as a child.

When she got up I felt my heart pounding harder and harder in my chest like it was trying to break free from my rip cage. After she put her hand on my shoulder toget both of us to hell it was like my heart completely stopped beating for a second, but when we arrived I calmed down.

We we're at a hallway made of stone and only lamps were hanging from the ceiling.
Before I had time to look at anything else Winter already started running to the big hall were the fight was supposed to be.

There had been a lot of sword fights and fist fights. Blood covered the floor and a ton of bodies was laying there. When I looked closer I noticed there had been a lot of bodies from our group as well, so I had to hurry up.
I headed towards Amnael's throne while Winter stayed behind to help the others.

Two of Amnael's men came towards me to protect their king. I took on the one to my right-hand side first.
While dueling with him I felt the power of the amulet grow stronger and every time my sword hit his, every time he had to back up, I felt more confident. As my sword finally slid through his body, cutting his heart in two pieces, I felt stronger than ever before.

Unfortunately the feeling didn't last long. The rush of a fight completely let me forget about my other opponent, who had his sword at my throat by now.
I knew, I screwed up. I had one job. I was here since a minute and I already screwed up. He'd kill me.

He didn't kill me.
Amnael interrupted him: "Don't do something stupid.", I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or to the demon, "I know him."

I looked at him, searching my mental library, but he wasn't included in the information there. I didn't know him. He seemed familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it.

Amnael made a hand move and in the next moment I was on my knees, the blade still ready to cut off my head and my sword dropped to the ground.
He walked closer to us and yanked the amulet off my neck, throwing it to a dead body.

"Kill the rest finally!" Their leader shouted. Afterwards he returned to talk to me: "We've got some family things to clear." The way he said it indicated it wouldn't end good for me, but I knew it wasn't time to make a move yet.

"I don't even know who you are.", I replied.

"I knew you wouldn't notice who I am, but I was told you and your 'army' are coming here, so I know who you are." Amnael walked back and forth in front of me. He tried to look calm but for a second you could see something was bugging him. "I was called differently as a child. Mum liked the name Philipp so much. Do you remember, dad?"