Chapter 9 - Oh Captain, My Captain

Philipp.
His name echoed in my head after he said it. I hadn't heard it since such a long time - but all along I thought he was dead.

Back in the medieval times I was married to a stunning woman called Elizabeth Carey Thomson. She knew I was an fallen angel and she loved me nevertheless. She was the one I'd never forget because she was the only one in my whole life who got pregnant.

I wasn't home when she gave birth to our son, but when I returned she told me he was dead. Soon after this evening she left without saying a word. I haven't seen her ever since.

We had planned to name our child Isabella if it would have been a girl and if it would have been a boy, then we would have named him Philipp.

Now, after all this time, I was right in front of him. My son - and he was alive and he was the ruler of hell. He was definitely not older than 18 years, so either he was a half-angel or hell made him stop aging. The first one sounded more logical to me.

"I'll let you rot in one of our cells.", Amnael, or Philipp, said to me and stopped walking, "You should suffer the way I did when I was younger!"

"I didn't know you were alive!", I shouted back at him with so much frustration in my voice. I would have been there for him if I would have had the chance to.

Amnael stared at me without showing any emotions, only his eyes filled with anger after a bit.
After what felt like forever he shouted: "End it! Now!"
All in sudden the demon, who had his sword at my throat, made me turn around so my glance was directed towards the ongoing battle. Amnael's soldiers disappeared for a second which left my friends baffled, but then they reappeared. His followers were standing behind them now and got their swords at their throats.

"And now, after ending your wife, I'm going to take the last piece of hope from you." Amnael said, but I wasn't paying full attention. I saw how my group got killed with a monotonous move by Amnael's follwers and how they all fell to the ground. Then it was silent in the hall.

No more metal grinding against each other. No more groans. No more noise.
I wished the noise would come back.

While everything around me seemed to slow down I looked for Winter.
I knew what I had to expect, but I didn't want it to be true. She was laying on the ground, in front of a soldier, and close to her was Leo. Both of them didn't move, didn't breathe - only black smoke was running out of their bodies.

I couldn't catch a clear thought and so I teleported myself to earth on a field near my house, along with the demon who was too close to me to teleport without him.
Before he was able to do something I set him on fire. He backed off and screamed while he tried to stop the fire, but he couldn't because it was an archangel fire.

I got up from the ground and tried to avoid looking at the burning demon and ignoring his screaming. When his screams stopped abruptly I turned around to look at him, but he was already dead and an angel was standing there instead.

"Who-...? What the-...", I couldn't manage to say a complete sentence. My head was spinning from what I just witnessed and the appearance of a random angel didn't make it any better.

"I am Samael. I worked with Gabriel, but I realized that he only cares about himself. I know that he wants father to himself." The angel said and then he continued, "I want to help you. Someone needs to stop him."

"Alright." I replied, but I didn't care a lot about him. The only thing I cared about at the moment were the friends I just lost and the son I just found.

My priorities were completely different now. It was most important for me to get revenge for Winter and Leo, it didn't matter if I'd have to kill my own son. Getting Gabriel to stop his activities wasn't that important anymore.

"But first I need to know more about Amnael. We can only stop Gabriel when we kill Amnael." I lied to him.

Samael nodded and put his sword away: "How can I help you?"

"You'll bring me information. Tell me what Gabriel is planning and find out about Amnael as much as possible. Oh, and find out how Amnael knew that we were going to hell", I said while giving my best to think straight, "Act like you'd still help Gabriel. He should feel safe to tell you everything he knows."

Samael agreed and then he returned to heaven.
Finally I was alone. I took a look at my house and after standing there silently for 10 minutes I wallked towards it and sat down at the porch.

While I sat there I started thinking. About all the things that happened recently and about all the people I lost.
It had been a rough time but I had to get through it. As soon as I took revenge on Amnael it would get better, because then my friends wouldn't have died for nothing.

Now the only thing I needed was a new plan and a lot of information on Amnael. The only way to kill a supernatural being was to know what it is and then to find a way to kill it.