1 - Flight over Fight

Your POV

You sigh shakily, your fingertips lightly pressing on the door handle. You were just about to walk into your house, to them. Your parents were extremely abusive, you could never understand why. But from the earliest memories you had, they were always excessively violent.

You were afraid because you had come home late, your homework took longer than usual to finish at the diner. Your fingers wrap around the handle, and you twist it until you hear a soft click, you push forward letting the door open enough for you to get through. You very carefully turn the knob once again, and push the door closed without a sound.

You try to tiptoe to your room in a hurried fashion, but your stopped by a hand grasping your shoulder roughly. Your pulled backwards, with enough force for you to end up on the floor. You look up to see your father, looking pissed at usual.

"YOUR LATE." He scowled, you flinch as his combat boots make contact with your side.

"I-I'm sorry!" You choke out, fighting back tears. Your mom walks in, holding a wine glass full of red wine. She took a sip, swirling around the remaining liquid in the glass. "She actually came home," she laughed, "What a fucking suprise. I was kind of hoping you had gotten hit by a truck or something."

Your dad pulls you back onto your feet, you felt as if he was tearing your arm off as he did. He then forcefully shoved you into the hallway, "GET IN YOUR DAMN ROOM." You rush into your room, terrified. You dropped your bag on the floor of your room as you slam your door shut, locking it, you hear your dad's muffled yelling, "DONT YOU DARE FUCKING SLAM THAT DOOR AGAIN." You let the tears spill, sliding down your door until your sitting. You pull your legs close and hug them, nuzzling your head to your knees, crying into them.

Thankfully, you didn't receive the usual punishment. 'The usual punishment' is basically just being chained up and tortured. When your parents felt you needed a better lesson, they'd defile you. The sick bastards took your innocence. (Yes, I'm saying you were raped) The memories swimming around in your thoughts did not help with your current situation, because you started crying really loud. This time your mom shouted, "SHUT THE FUCK UP."

You sighed, sliding your hands to your face and wiping away the tears. Sometimes you felt like you were a little too sensitive. I mean, you've dealt with this since you were little, it should toughen you up.... Right?

Sniffling, you looked at your clock, it was around 7:30pm. You decided to wait until night. You couldn't bare it anymore, the stress, the anxiety, it was too much. Everyday piling up on your shoulders. You slid open your closet door, and looked at an old traveling bag.

You picked it up, tossing it on your floor, and opening it. You quickly grabbed several pairs of clothing, undergarments, and a few things like your phone and earbuds, along with your laptop. You didn't get these from your parents, in fact you doubted your parents even knew about them.

You quickly snap out of your thoughts, and shove the things into your bag. You looked at your wallet on the black painted wood desk in your room. You walked over and looked in it. Of fucking course, your mom took your money. Probably to buy more boos and drugs.

You thanked the heavens you thought ahead of time and had a secret jar that was stuffed with money hiding in the crevice between your bed and your nightstand. You had no idea how much was in it, all you knew is that there was quite a lot since you'd often get random tips from people at bars cause they think your an employee or something, or maybe they were hoping of paying for your bill for an excuse to have a one night stand with you. You weren't sure, hell maybe they were drink and thought you were the bartender.