The Woods

Thanks! Sorry!

                                              ~Belle Lighterson~:

       For about thirty minutes, I shopped in Target. Looking at candies, chocolates, ice-creams, junk food, and a few things of that sort. After buying everything, I left the store. I started walking down the sidewalks.

Newsworths is one of those town-city places that has tons of woods. I mean like thousands of miles of woods. So naturally, I was walking on the sidewalk with the woods next to me.

And of course! Because it was around 6 pm, it was starting to become darker as the sunlight was starting to slowly fade away.

I rolled my eyes, taking out some earbuds and my phone as I carried the groceries. I put on Panic! at the disco loudly as I continued walking towards my house.

I decided to think as I walked. Letting my mind wander to everything that happened today.

   James.

 How my day started out so normal. How Natalie and Jay were as awesome as they are everyday. How suddenly, my day was turn into something so strange. How much I was sighing today.

How I first met James in the classroom at English.

How weird James acted when  Jay put his arm around me. How James claimed that I was "his". How he acted similarly when Zeke was helping me.

How... how handsome James is... I know I cant help but be attracted to him. I mean who wouldn't? Some one so handsome.. and strong...

THOUGH HE'S ARROGANT AS HECK AND COCKY AND RUDE AND FREAKIN ANNOYING!

I MEAN WHO THE HECK WOULD RANDOMLY DO THIS CRAP AND HUG ME AND CLAIM ME AS "HIS" AND FREAKING INVADE MY PERSONAL SPACE AND.. AND ..AND FREAKING BLOODY HECK! HOW DARE HE! HOW DARE HE MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL LIKE THIS! HOW FREAKIN DARE HE MAKE ME LIKE HIM!

I gasp.

Oh my gods. I like him.

OH MY GODS. I LIKE HIM.

OH MY FREAKIN GOSH. I LIKE LIKE HIM.

OF ALL PEOPLE!

FOR HEAVEN SAKE, BELLS, YOU HAD TO PICK THE ONE PERSON WHO COULD GET ANYONE HE WANTED!

Of course! Of course! Of freakin course! I like the one guy who could get anyone he wanted. The one that doesn't need me. The one that's probably playing with me...

As I stopped in my tracks at that thought, I realized that I had tears forming.

Oh greeaattt... now I'm crying about a guy who probably wouldn't care...

I sniffled as I started walking again, towards my house. I could see my house now as I walked towards it. Taking my phone out, I turned off my music and shoved it back into my pocket.

I quickly unlock my door and walked in. Putting away the groceries, I felt my phone buzz.

Taking out my phone, I saw that Natalie texted me.

      To: Belle     From: Nat.

'OMG OKAY SO TRAFFIC IS FREAKIN TERRRIBLE BUT IM ON MY WAY HOME- BE THERE IN A BIT.'

I sighed. I texted her back an 'okay'. After I put everything away, I walked back up to my room. Putting my bag on my dresser, I stretched and yawned.

Putting on Netflix on my TV, I brushed my long brown hair again.

Suddenly my phone vibrated. I grabbed my I-phone from my bed and unlocked it.

                       TO: BELLE           FROM: UNKNOWN

   'Hello, Belle. On the path in the woods outside your house has a gift I left for you on it. Please enjoy it.'

I paled, staring at the text message.

WHO SENT THIS? Wait... what gift? Do I this number?
I stared at the number, not recognizing it.

Thousands of questions raced through my mind as I sat on the edge of my bed.

Who sent this? What gift? Do I know this person? Is this prank? What's the gift? How do they know me?

Mixed emotions stormed inside of me. I felt mainly curious, yet weary. Should I go? There is a path that leads into the woods in the backyard....

I texted Natalie, 'Hey- I'm going to walk on the path into the woods for a few mins. Got a weird text talking about it. Sorry- just letting you know.'

I quickly grabbed my earbuds and shoved both my phone and them into my pocket.

After a minute of thinking, I decided to freshen up. Quickly, I refreshed my make up and things of that sort. I tied my hair up in a high pony-tail with a few strands loose in the front, laying on the each side of my face. I tighten up my laces on my boots and grabbed a small pocket knife from my drawer, shoving it in my back pocket. I've never used it, but i'll take it just in case... on my way out, I grabbed a small mini flashlight... it's getting dark so.. 

Cracking my knuckles, I take a deep breath before walking out the door.

 I REALLY HOPE THIS ISN'T SOME KIND OF WEIRD TRICK OR SCARE OR A FREAKIN KILLER CRAP!

I slowly walked into the backyard, and into the tree line. Cautiously, I slowly walked into the forest on the path. As the sun was setting, it lit my path only to a certain extent. It kind of lighted it but I'm certain I will have to use my flashlight soon.

GREAT. I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS ISNT A KILLER.

I cautiously continued walking down the dirt path, going deeper into the forest. I took my flashlight out, it's starting to get dark already, but its not too bad yet. I don't know how long I walked, but it felt like at least 30 minutes.

Carefully looking, I continued looking for my gift. My heart beats racing wildly.

I mentally planned to go back to the house soon. Just a few more minutes..

I suddenly tripped over something, scaring me.

Quickly,  I flashed my flashlight over to the spot where I tripped. I gasped, surprised.

It looked like some clothes. Jeans and a dark colored shirt.

OH CRAP I THINK I SHOULD GO BACK NOW.

I froze in horror when a loud, thunderous growl erupted. Turning my head slowly around, wide-eyed, I looked for the source of the growl. It sounded close. REALLY REALLY REALLLLY CLOSE.

Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes directed my attention to the side of me. I paled.

Oh. My. Anime.