WOLF

THANKS! SORRY!

                                              ~BELLE LIGHTERSON~:

I paled in horror as my eyes widen. The bush rustled as a large black wolf slowly walks out of it. It growled deeply, staring at me.

My mind screamed at me and alarms went off in my head.

GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE! CALL SOMEONE! MOVE! RUN! RUN, YOU IDIOT! RUN!

GET OUR OF HERE! NOW! MOVE! RUN! FOR GOD SAKE! RUN!

But no matter how much I wanted to run, but as much as I wanted to run far far away from here..

My legs wouldn't move. I was frozen in fear.

The large black wolf stared at me with its bright, piercing yellow eyes. A shiver went down my spine as I stared at it wide-eyed in shock and horror.

The wolf stopped growling. It turned its body to face me completely in the middle of the pathway.

To be absolutely honest, I don't know how much time had passed. But, it felt we stared at one another for forever.

I realized that it was really dark now, but my eyes already adjusted to the darkness.

The wolf stared at me with it's yellow eyes piercing the darkness.

But strangely, although I felt afraid, I suddenly felt a wave of calm wash over me.

Another shiver went down my spine.

The wolf stared at me weirdly. Almost as if it wasn't going to hurt me. Like it was more curious and.. something I just couldn't describe... I'm not sure what it is..

Suddenly, the black wolf ever so slowly moved over to the pile of clothes I had tripped over earlier. It took the clothes in its mouth, looking at once more before walking backwards into the woods. To the point where I couldn't see it any more.

I stared at the spot where it was moments ago.

Then, like someone threatened to destroy my anime and fangirl life, I snapped out of it.

And then, I ran like the Flash back home. I swiftly ran up to my door, running inside, locking the door.

"WHAT THE HECK BELLE?! YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO RUN AFTER YOU!" Natalie screamed.

I whipped my head around to see Natalie standing by the couch, with two boxes of pizza on the coffee table.

I panted, giving her a weak smile, "S-S-Sorry."

Natalie crossed her arms, glaring, "What happened?!"

I held up a finger telling her to give me a minute while I caught my breath as I hunched over with my hands on my knees.

After a few minutes, I sighed, turning towards her. 

She glared at me, but worry was clear as day on her face.

I explained, "I-I.. here.. " I handed her my phone, letting her see the strange text message.

Natalie took my phone, reading my messages.

Blood drained from her face as she slowly looked up from my phone and at me.

I smiled sheepishly. I feel bad for worrying her.

"OH. MY. GOD. YOU DIDNT." Natalie gasped.

I nodded my head yes.

Natalie yelled, "YOU WENT INTO THE FOREST?! YOU IDIOT! "

I nodded my head again, "I know. I'm sorry."

Natalie huffed and lectured me for a while before she finally stopped.

We agreed to not tell my parents or anyone else. Though, she kept glaring at me and lecturing me.

I don't think i'll ever live this down every again. But I quickly shooed away any thoughts about what happened. I don't want to think about it right now.

Natalie and I continued our sleepover and binge on Netflix, but we had to reheat the pizza.

It was about 1 am when we decided to head to bed.

Natalie yawned, "Ya know, I think.. I think I'm going to change and head to bed.."

Yawning myself, "I agree. I'm going to shower real quick before that. You can go ahead and sleep."

Natalie waved her hand, "Yeah yeah... I'm sleepin the guest bed."

The guest bedroom was right next to mine, but still, sometimes she sleeps in mine.

"Huh? Why?" I asked, grabbing a towel.

She explained, "'Cause I don't wanna be woken up by you.. night..Oh wait, Belle?"

"? Uhh yeah? "

Natalie glared at me, ".. don't go into the forest ever again. night!" she left to into the room next to mine.

"I wont. I'm sorry." I quickly hopped in the shower. I meant to take a short one, but the hot water was just something that couldn't be rushed.

I did the normal routine, like shaving and washing my hair and brushed my teeth and stuff. Later, I hopped out, drying off with a crushing feeling of exhaustion over me. I turned on my little lamb on my nightstand, keeping the big fan light off. I slowly did my nightly routine, which was similar to my morning one. After brushing my hair, I changed into blue plaid pajama pants and a white loose shirt.

 Yawning, plugged in my phone before climbing into my large bed.

Not even a moment later, I fell asleep. I wasn't even aware of the familiar eyes watching me from the dark corner.