Chapter 8

Matthew's Pov.

The movie finished and the entire time we say in silence. I wanted to tell her so many things, but I knew I shouldn't.

When the movie ended, Catherine looked at me. "Matthew, I honestly don't know what to do. I'm like the Magcon slut."

"Don't say that," I said quickly. "You aren't. You never will be."

"Face it Matthew, I am. I slept with Shawn and Nash and now I'm pregnant with Nash's baby. Nash cheated on me and now I want to be with you."

Tears rolled down her face and they were coming faster and faster. I didn't know what to do. I shouldn't comfort her when I'm part of the problem. Should I?

I did the only thing I could do.

I texted Cameron and told him to come to the movie room. In no time, the door flew open and hit the wall with a bang. Cameron closed the door back and ran to me.

"What's wrong," he asked. I looked at Cameron, knowing that Catherine didn't want to say it and didn't want me to tell him. I let out a sigh. "She thinks she's the 'Magcon slut'."

Cameron's jaw dropped. "Catherine, you aren't anywhere close to a slut. Sure, you may have done bad things, but girls have done worse. A lot worse."

She began to cry. Cameron walked over and hugged her.

They hugged for awhile. Then Catherine let out a loud cry in pain.

Catherine's Pov.

I let out a cry in pain.

The baby kicked really hard and was rolling around. I grabbed into Cameron and held my stomach. The baby kicked hard again and it hurt as it got lower towards my blatter.

"It's fine. The baby is just kicking hard near my blatter."

"Shouldn't we go to the hospital?"

"No. It'll be fine. It just means the baby is getting lower."

They both looked at me in confusion. "And that means the baby is getting closer to coming out."

"But your only 4 months," Cameron said, a bit of worry in his voice. "Cam," I said as I put my hand on his shoulder, "I'm almost 5 months. It's okay."

*The Next Day*

Cameron and I was sitting at the table on the rooftop, watching California come to life as the sun started to set. Today had been a boring day. I mostly slept because I've been a lot more tired and I have nothing better to do.

Cameron's phone suddenly began ringing and he let out a sigh in.... hate. Or disgust. I'm not sure which one. Maybe both?

"What do you want," Cameron asked after he answered the phone. "I don't give a damn Nash. If you want to, go ahead."

He paused and noticed me looking at him. He mouthed the words "Nash is coming back".

Can I not get a break?

"Hold on Nash."

Cam put the phone on the table and put it on speaker but mouthed to me to be quiet. "Okay continue."

"Cam, I didn't cheat on her. I wouldn't do that. I was in the shower and my phone was ringing and I -"

"Forget it Nash," I blurted out. "I don't want to hear your excuses."

"Catherine I-"

"No Nash!"

With that, the baby kicked my blatter again. I let out a cry in pain and held my stomach.

"Cam, what happened?"

"The baby has been kicking her blatter," I replied.

"Babe please let explain. I didn't-"

"No," I said my voice shaking as I wanted to cry, "I can't take this anymore. Cam, please go downstairs."

"Okay sis," he replied.

He got up and went downstairs. The door shut with a slam and I walked around the rooftop and looked at the flowers and few statues.

I started to think to myself. What if I love Nash and Matthew?

"What's the matter with me? You think a girl would learn."

When I said that, I thought of the song from Hercules and I started to sing it.

"If there's a price for rotten judgement, I guess I've already won that. No man is worth the aggrevation. That's ancient history. Been there, done that. Who'd you think you're kidding? He's the Earth and Heaven to you. Try to keep it hidden. Honey we can see right through you. Girl you can't conceal it. We know how your feeling and who you're thinking of. No chance, no way! I won't say it,no no! You swoon. You sigh. Why deny it, uh-oh. It's too cliche. I won't say I'm in love."

I walked over to another part of the flowers and continued singing.

"I thought my heart had learned its lesson. It feels so good when you start out. My head is screaming get a grip, girl. Unless you're dying to cry your heart out. You keep in denying who you are and how you're feeling. Baby, we're not buying. Hon, we saw you hit the ceiling. Face it like a grown-up. When you gonna own up. That ya got, got, got it bad. No chance, no way. I won't say it, no no. Give up. Give in. Check the grin you're in love. This scene won't play. I won't say I'm in love.

"Your doin' flips. Read our lips: you're in love. You're way off base. I won't say it. Get off my case I won't say it. Girl, don't be proud. It's O.K. you're in love. Ooh, at least out loud I won't say I'm in.... love."

At that moment, I was holding one of the roses and smiling. Maybe I am in love. But with Nash or Matthew?

"You have a beautiful voice."

I jumped at the voice. I looked over and it was Matthew. I laughed a bit.

"You scared me Matthew." I paused for a second, thinking about what he said. "How did you hear me?"

"I came up here to talk to you, and you were singing. So I listened. With my ears."

I could feel myself turn red. He walked over to me and put his hands on my waist.

"I heard what happened," Matthew said gently. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. Just.....confused."

"About love I'm guessing?" Matthew smirked and I giggled. "Yeah. About that."

"Well maybe I can help with the confusion."

Matthew quickly kissed me on the lips.

And after the first time, he did it again and again.

And I let him do it.