Chapter 1 - A Miracle?

This picture is what prince Adrien looks like!!!

I woke up in my small cabinet room, and I jumped out of bed. Soon ater, i began getting ready for the day.

"Mar-i-NETTE!?!? UMM WHERES MY BREAKFAST!!" Yelled my evil sister Chloe, as I choked down all the hateful things I could say to her.

"Coming sister.." I groaned .

I picked up her breakfast from the kitchen, and headed up the marble stairs that head to her room. I stopped at the door, and I took a breath in.

Will I ever get my miracle?

As I stepped inside her room and even from the doorway, I could see her ugly frown. Quite frankly, you could see it from miles away. I shuddered and laid her food on the side of her bed, and I bowed toward her.

"Your meal chloe..." I grumbled, and Chloe giddily sat up, and began to eat her food messing in her bed, the bed I'd have to clean soon.

"Thank you sweetums!!" Chloe called as I scrambled out of her room.

"EX-CUSE-ME MARI?!?! WHERE ARE YOU?? I NEED MY BATH TOWELS!!" Volpina yelled in my ear as I held the voice receiver to my ear, and I pulled it away quickly so I wouldn't loose my hearing. Man that girl could yell.

"Yes sister..." I grumbled, as we relived the Chloe disaster. Yes, It was very disastrous.

I brought it to her room, I sucked up air before I entered, I faced her stare, and I gave her whatever she wanted, and I continued with my chores. I cleaned, cooked, washed, cleaned some more, and I continued hating my life.

I used to live with my mom and dad, but my dad died in an earthquake, and my mom killed herself, because she couldn't bare life without him. I remember crying alot, the feeling of loosing both of your parents being quite unbearable.

My mom had leased the building to my uncle Mr.Bourgeois, and I was also... leased to him. Long story short he decided that his daughters wouldn't touch dirty things, but I would. My parents were gone, and I gave up on all my precious dreams. I still wish I could chase my dreams, but there is no way I could leave the house, I worked all day and living here was my pay.

I worked all day, and when I finnaly got a lunch break, I snuck out to the farm behind the main house to visit my friend Alya, the only other girl here who didn't get a good pay, and that understood me.

"BIG. NEWS." She whispered, so we didn't get caught by one of those ugly sisters.

"Do tell." I said, with a little eyebrow wiggle.

She giggled and continued,
"So I was cleaning the Mister's new shoes, and I heard Volpina and Chloe talking about.. A BALL!!"

I laughed, knowing there was no way we'd actually be able to go. I mean, you see how they treat us, how would we get them to let us go?

"BUT THERES MORE!! Its a prince's wedding ball, where Prince Agreste can find his PERF wife!! Every eligible girl can go!!" She squealed, obviously thrilled for a chance to go.

Is this my miracle?

"I have a dress that my mother gave me that she made, so I can TOTES help you with yours. I can get the material, and you can make it! It IS your goal to become a tailor, right?" Alya cooed, and I was hooked.

When I was younger my dream of being a tailor was all I thought about, but recently, it seemed like I'd never be able to do it. But now, I was more sure that I could than ever.

"Let's.. do it." I said, and Alya clapped, but shooed me away, because she had heard someone coming.

I was overly excited that I was even happy to clean the stair well. I grabbed my soap and daintly cleaned, singing happy toons, wondering if anything could get better.

"Marinette? How's it going? Why are you so giddy?" Mr. Borgeouis said, wiling my happy smile away.

"N-Nothing mister..." I shivered, his death stares piercing my every move.

"Well, here's something. If you want to go to the ball thing, make a dress in your spare time. You can go. It says EVERY eligible girl, so it would be cruel to hold you back." He said, smirking behind his deathly mask.

I jumped up and squealed, but quickly got down to clean when he raised his hand, about to scold me.

"Dad-dyyy! Why are you letting HER go!?!?" Chloe wined, Volpina right behind her, whining too. I could see them running towards up, exasperated looks on their face as they tripped on their heels on the way over.

"We need to be nice okay? Go to your rooms ladies. You too Marinette." He said as they glared at me, but silently walked off in compliance.

I giggled and ran to my room, excited to start my dress. I saw a package of pink and blue fabric Alya had left me on a small wooden chair in my room. I hugged it excitedly and mouthed thanks to Alya.

Maybe, I will get my oh-so needed miracle!

------------------------

A Miraculous Ladybug fanfic!! Hope you enjoy!!