Chapter 28. Crazy Town

"Are you sure you want to go and see her right now?" Stiles asked me as we walked down the stairs of my house. 

I had the strongest desire to go and try to visit Lydia for some reason. I think it had a lot to do with what Stiles and I had been talking about earlier but I'm just not sure. I know that the odds of actually getting in to see her are slim, but I wanted to at least try it. 

"I'm sure." I said simply. 

Stiles nodded, "Alright." 

We stepped through the entryway of my house and I pulled the door shut, inserting my key in the lock and twisting it to ensure the safety of all the belongings inside. I dropped my keys in the small handbag that Lydia had given me and quickly approached the Stiles' dads car. 

Stiles opened the door for me and I slid up onto the seat, buckling my seatbelt as he closed the door. I glanced at the screen of my phone to see if I had any missed calls or texts from anyone but all I saw was the photo of Stiles kissing my cheek that I had set as the background. I haven't heard from Liam or Scott all night so who knows what the hell they're even doing. 

Moments later Stiles hopped up into the car and started it up, surprisingly his dad is letting him use it while the jeep is getting worked on. I'm not sure if the jeep even has any hope left in it but maybe it will pull through. It's sort-of sad that it's having problems, mainly because we've had so many memories in that thing and it would be a shame to have to tell it goodbye. I'm sure that it can get fixed though. 

Stiles backed out of the driveway and eased onto the street, turning on the radio and letting the music fill the otherwise silent car. I really hope that we can get in and see Lydia tonight. I haven't seen her since she'd been admitted and I feel terrible for not visiting her sooner. I know that if the situations were reversed she would have come and seen me by now, granted I have had sort of a lot going on lately so there is a reason as to why I've been severely lacking in the best friend department. 

My hand reached up to the side of my head, just behind my ear and I scratched at my scalp. That particular spot has been bothering me all day. I'm not sure what it is but it just itches. Stiles placed his hand on my thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Back to crazy town we go."

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

"This place still gives me the creeps." I muttered to Stiles as we waited outside of the gate of Eichen House.

I couldn't sleep, and after Stiles' heartfelt declaration of love all I wanted to do was save him and all my friends because they meant the world to me. He believes in me and that means I need to do something to help, rather than do something to destroy. Which is why I wanted to visit Lydia. I had a dream about someone shouting at me to break the glass, and for some reason I feel like it was tied to Lydia... which meant that I had to go and see her. 

Stiles nodded as he glanced around the empty courtyard, "This place will always give me the creeps."

"We need to find a way to get her the hell out of here, because it's not safe for her to be in this psychotic hell hole." I sighed in exasperation. 

For some reason Natalie signed Lydia up for treatment here and I wanted to scream at the women for making such a bad decision. If only she knew that sort of shady shit that went down inside these walls. I've never had a good experience with Eichen House, nor do I think I ever will. It's run by people that should be patients here. I have a feeling they have Lydia in the closed unit, because they no doubt know what she is... which means she's down with all the real crazy people.