Chapter 34. Charity Game

"Mason said it's not just a transmitted frequency. It's high powered. Like, it has to be a really strong signal." Liam stated, glancing around the wooden table in the library between, Stiles, Scott, Lydia and myself. 

We had all gathered in the library after receiving a text message from Liam, saying that he had a theory from Mason about where the Beast travels to and why it picks certain locations. Obviously, with us knowing next to nothing about the Beast, this information was desperately needed in order to find a way to at least figure out who the poor teenager trapped underneath the Beast is... once we figure that out, then we need to work on trying to change them back or make the Beast just disappear. 

Lydia quirked one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows, "And that's causing it to shift?"

"No," Scott said, butting into the conversation, "I don't think it's just that. Last night, Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?" 

"With frequencies?" Stiles asked in confusion. 

Scott shook his head from side to side, "No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf." 

"Like Peter." Lydia stated. 

I rolled my eyes at the mere mention of that douchbag's name. 

Scott nodded, "Right. When Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal." 

"So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Liam added his conclusion into the mix. 

I chose to remain silent and just listen to what everyone was all saying. I have my own theories about the Dread Doctors and what they're doing with the Beast. I have my own theories about how I'm connected in all of this mess and what my involvement can mean. I'm just choosing to keep those theories to myself at the moment because for once the topic of conversation isn't about me and I'd like to keep it that way. 

"They want the beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." Scott nodded along to Liam's statement. 

Lydia sighed, "So, if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?" 

"Uh, we've got one clue to go on..." Stiles said as he began digging through his backpack, pulling out a photo of a bloody footprint that had been taken from the hospital the other day. He handed the image over to my brother and said, "This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size ten of indeterminate make." 

"Indeterminate?" Lydia repeated, for once not knowing what a word meant. 

Stiles glanced up from the photo to meet her gaze, "It means it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage." 

"How many size ten's are out there?" Scott asked. 

I rolled my eyes once again, because leave it to my brother to ask the most stupid question out of the entire conversation. There are tons of guys who wear a size ten, it's a pretty common shoe size if you were to check every boy in the school. 

"Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole." Stiles responded, slightly answering my brothers question. 

I sighed, finally deciding to break my silence, "So are we going to try and get the game canceled?" 

"No, no. We're going to play but we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood soaked massacre." my boyfriend responded.