Chapter 10

Showers always made everything better. No matter if you were deathly ill or just having a rough day. I believe I qualified for the latter. I stood in Harry's shower, letting the hot water rain down over me with my eyes closed.

I was too shaken up to drive. Once Niall and Harry had put mine and Lucy's things into Harry's Range, Lucy and I kissed Niall goodbye and then got in as Harry drove away from my house. I watched the house disappear in the rear view mirror and let out a sigh of relief. It was finally over.

Harry reached over and took my hand as he merged onto the highway to his house. He threaded his fingers through mine. I turned my head to look at him.

He was there when I needed him to be and he always would be. His first priority was to make sure both Lucy and I were safe and taken care of. And I was an idiot for ever thinking otherwise.

He kept hold of my hand the whole way to his house, only finally releasing it when he got out of the truck to pull a very asleep Lucy into his arms.

While he put her to bed, I got in the shower. And I'd stayed there for the last 25 minutes. I knew I was going to be shriveled up like a raisin but I didn't care.

For the first time in weeks, I felt safe. And it wasn't just because I was in Harry's house that was secured like a bank vault. I could admit it now. I wasn't scared of admitting it. I felt safe because I was with Harry.

When I stepped out of the shower I noticed that the bag carrying my toiletries was sitting in his room along with my suitcase. He must have brought them in from the car. I quickly put my pajamas on and ran a brush through my hair.

I walked out into his room and looked over at the perfectly made bed. Clearly Elsa had been here today. I knew Harry well enough to know he never made his bed.

Harry's room was white. The walls, the curtains (except the blackout ones, those were black), the sheets, the duvet, the pillows, and the rugs. Lucy would definitely end the color vacancy in here if she ever got her hands on some crayons.

His dresser was long, stretching along the wall just as you walked into the room. It was distressed wood. There was a trunk at the foot of the bed that was also distressed wood. There was a small sitting area on the other side of the bed in front of the floor to ceiling windows. There was a lounge chair, which was also white and a small table where he stacked his journals. I imagined that's probably where he sat to write music. His room looked out onto trees and grass as far as the eye could see. His property was expansive, I could see why he liked it here so much. I could see why Lucy liked it here so much.

I sat on the edge of the bed and pulled my legs up indian style as I finished running a brush through the knots.

Harry walked in holding a mug in his hand,

"Here..." He handed me the mug, "Tea. It's supposed to help you calm down...."

"Thanks." I blew on the liquid and took a quick sip. The bed shifted when he sat down next to me.

"Are you feeling better?"

Swallowing, I nodded,

"Yeah. The shower really helped. Is Lucy alright?"

He nodded,

"She's perfect. Went right into her bed with no issues. Didn't even wake up." He shook his head, "I'm amazed, Em....I can't believe you kept her so calm tonight with all of that going on."

I held the mug in both hands in my lap and shrugged,

"I mean....it wasn't a big deal...."

He looked me directly in the eyes and nodded,

Until I Find You Again // Book Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें