Escape

The finale is going to be Part 35. It seems like a nice number.

Minor Language

"(Y/N), you know that I have to stop you," Clint warned. "I can't let you go rogue on this."

"I'm not. I've got Buck."

"That's not better!" he hollered, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation, pissed at himself for not believing in what you were doing, when he should be one of the first to have your back. He was mad at himself as much as at you, unable to give you the support that you needed from him because he was too worried for your safety.

Quickly shoving your gear into a pack, you slung it over your shoulder and turned to face him, determined to take him down if need be; nothing would be able to stop you from going after Steve. "Please, Clint. Don't make me do this."

"I'd like to see you try," he challenged, dropping his stance back to prepare to accept your strike. When you dropped your pack at your side, he shifted to attack but was stopped abruptly by a metal arm around his neck from behind, slowly but gently squeezing him into unconsciousness.

"I'm sorry do have to this, Barton, I really am," Bucky said quietly. "But she's right. She's always got me." When Clint's body finally gave in, he slowly lowered your friend to the ground and handed you your gear. "We've got seconds to hit the hangar if we're gonna do this. Come on."

You had made it to within feet of the door when alarms began to sound and lights flashed overhead, signaling that someone was again on the way with an intent to stop you. "Who's flying?"

"You take it," Bucky replied, "I'll cover."

"Like hell you will," you snapped, running through the jet door. "No one gets hurt!" When you turned back you came to a dead stop as you saw someone sitting in the pilot seat; the chair turned and you felt yourself quickly overwhelmed with emotion at the sight.

"You didn't think I would sit this one out, did ya, sweetheart? Strap in, it's about to get bumpy."

"Oh, Sam," you sighed, "I could kiss you right now."

"Maybe later," he smirked, rapidly changing settings and roaring the engine. "Grab Sputnik and let's get the hell outta here!"

You waved Bucky in and closed the door, seeing Tony and Thor entering the room just as the bay doors opened. "Oh, he looks pissed," you said, keeping your eyes locked on Tony until the last second. "Oh, Buck, it's about to get so much worse."

"Why?" Bucky asked with a confused expression and a shrug as he secured his safety harness. "What did you do?"

You reluctantly opened your pack and held it for him to see, his face lighting up with both pride and amusement at the sight of a pile of reactors. "I disabled all of his suits and blocked FRIDAY from the quinjet controls. He can't come after us. And...um...there's this..." you paused, lifting the seat next to you to open the storage below, pulling Mjolnir from its hiding place.

"Oh, girl, you are in so much trouble," Sam joined in. "I think someone's about to get grounded."

"I'll go to lock up with ya, kid. I took something too..." Bucky smiled, pulling Steve's shield from under his seat. He looked from you and to Sam, who could only respond with a mouth hanging agape but with a hint of a smile. "What? You can't honestly tell me that neither of you thought to grab this?!"

"Honestly, I'd assume that Sam would've grabbed it," you chuckled, turning to him.

"I thought (Y/N) took it when it wasn't where Cap left it."