Of Courting And Camelot

* Music above! ;) And thank you for reading*

The glass building towered above them, its doors revolving tirelessly around the people walking in and out. A light summer breeze was blowing.

Kyra tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. She pulled her shoulder bag close. Today she was wearing a cinnamon chiffon blouse and jeans. A general feeling of nervousness lurked around her, and it must have shown because the velvet voice next to her said,

"Your lack of confidence wounds me, mortal. Have you forgotten that lies and trickery are the tools of my trade?"

Kyra looked over. Loki was wearing a dark green formal shirt and black dress pants, but he'd rolled up the long sleeves to his elbow and was looking pretty darn good. His black hair, slicked back from his forehead and tucked behind his ears, was a strange style that worked very well for him. Kyra doubted that any other man would have been able to pull it off.

"One question though," she asked. "Why do you want to come work at Tidbits again?"

Loki tucked a hand into his pocket.

"I cannot possibly be mouldering away in that little hut of yours for one month, can I? Besides, interaction with as many mortals as possible will look kindly in my favor when I report back to Father. You spoke of your job as mainly dealing with people did you not?"

"That's......really all we do," she admitted.

"Wonderful! Though I do not look forward to it, it will be of use."

Kyra bit her lip. "Just.....act normal okay?" She paused. "And stop with the whole - formal language thing! Act like a mortal!"

"Ahhh now that is one prank I do not think I can pull off." He gave a trickster's smile and crossed the street.

Kyra watched him go. "Oh boy," she sighed before following him.

In the Tidbits office Loki stood with hands behind his back, smiling charmingly as the five journalists stared back at him.

"Um. Hi guys....this is, uh, my boyfriend." Kyra swallowed. She should really have thought of a nice little back story for Loki before coming over. Now she would have to generate something on the spot.

"He...uh, wanted to get some working experience since he's going to be - inheriting a successful business soon, so he decided to do a one-month stint here."

Dang. Did that sound lame? I hope it doesn't sound lame.

Sherria pushed herself to the front and gave Loki a slow once-over, from his black shoes to his black hair.

It was evident that she liked what she saw, because she beamed her most dazzling smile at him, fluttered her eyelashes and asked in a voice of syrup,

"What's your name again?"

Rats. A name. A mortal name. Name name name name name.....

Loki smiled and said, "It is Lo - "

Is he seriously going to tell them his real name?!

"Lancelot!" Kyra blurted out before Loki could finish.

The room stared at her.

"But you can call him Lance," she finished meekly.

"Lancelot?"

Kyra bit her lip. Loki watched her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well uh....you guys must have heard of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table right? Apparently his" - here she gestured at Loki - "grandfather.....on the mother's side......is the great-great-great-great cousin of the original Sir Lancelot, and so he named his first grandson, which is this Lancelot, after that Lancelot."