Of Admiration And Attacks

Herrick looked ready to skin Loki alive as he stepped out of the ship. One snap of his fingers brought two armed guards hurrying forward, snapping the manacles in place around the God of Mischief's wrists. For his part, Loki merely smiled.

"You are in so much trouble criminal," Herrick seethed. "I will see to it that you receive capital punishment!"

"Like eternal exile on Midgard? I think I would quite like that." Loki tossed Kyra a wink that made her flush red to the roots of her hair.

"Exile is too kind a punishment for you! ......How dare you lock me in a cell! A dungeon cell! "

"Ah, I see. The blow to your ego too much for you to bear Herrick? Did you tell your guards how I accomplished such a feat?" Herrick's face turned purplish red. "Evidently not."

Loki raised his voice. "Ladies and gentlemen! I, Loki the criminal, hereby admit to locking Herrick Geir, head of the palace guards, in my dungeon cell! I confess to provoking him, so that he would enter my cell, whereupon I used his own spear to knock him out from under his feet, and then used the handcuffs he so kindly brought along to tie him to the furniture, and, before leaving, cast an illusion that made it seem as if I was still in my cell......when in reality I had stolen away with Herrick's date at the Elska Ball - "

"Enough!" Herrick roared, a vein popping out in his forehead. One of the guards nearby had been sniggering all throughout the story, but clammed up quick when his superior shot a glare his way. 

Herrick took an angry step forward. "You are a foolish, arrogant and worthless creature - "

"Oh please Herrick. Surely you must realize now just how little your insults faze me? I am on an entirely different level than you are."

Loki paused, and shook his head sympathetically.

"Truly, you are not my type." And somehow, even with the manacles on, Loki managed to raise his hands up to his neck - and flipped his hair.

It didn't exactly whacked Herrick across his face, since his hair wasn't very long, but - Loki! The Asgardian God! Doing a hair flip!

Kyra gave a short explosion of laughter. Loki gave her another wink. Herrick frowned, clearly unsure how to take this.

"That's not how it works," she mouthed over Herrick's head.

"You said it was an insult," he mouthed back.

"I know, but - " She let loose another fit of giggles.

Herrick decided that he had had quite enough of this. "Take him to the dungeons!"

They marched down the corridor, the armed guards on Loki's both sides, while Kyra walked with Herrick in front. Herrick was of the opinion that Loki had somehow harmed her, and kept questioning if she was alright.

"I'm fine, I really am," she repeated for the third time. "He didn't do anything. He just - uh, showed me a tour of Asgard."

And spent the ride back hugging me in silence. Oh, and did I mention we kissed?

"I never approved of the idea of exiling him" - Herrick spat the word as if it was a piece of disgusting trash - "to Midgard. It would only put the lives of all mortals in jeopardy! Especially yours, to whom he will be bounded for a month! Already he has attempted to murder you!"

"Yes well, it wasn't as if he did it on purpose - " Kyra glanced back, remembering how Loki had been in his cell and feeling a little worried at where this conversation was taking them.