Bedtime

We've all wanted someone.

So desperately.

So furiously.

It makes us painful and weak.

Influentially, you always see the movies about the invisible guy trying to get the popular girl. And he does.

But what about the guys who don't?

The untold stories of the underdog who doesn't get to be a recognized hero?

What about the few who fall short of winning?

I know I'm that guy, and I always will be.

But I can't help but love you for your pure beauty. 

Those freckles and cheekbones. Your hair, the color of Autumn. Your pouty lips thicker than frozen molasses and a pale pink color that brings your complexity together. Your skin is snow, only warmer and more plush.

All of these features that complete you and I can only imagine that you would complete me.

You do, darling.

Even if I am an empty void which you will never long for or even descry.

I watch your eyes flutter as you try not to fall into your deep slumber.  You're fighting your sleep, darling. Don't. To sleep is to dream and to dream is to be alive. And if you should wake from a horrible nightmare, I will be waiting.

I wrap my arms around you and cradle you, singing a lullaby softly into your ear. I know you can't hear or feel me.

But I swear you feel my love radiating as you quickly decompose into your sweet unconsciousness.