PROLOGUE

Blood stained her hands and death scarred her heart.

Death was never a stranger but more of a close acquaintance. With the entirety of her early life surrounded by it, she knew it would prove to last. She never thought she would end up here, standing over dozens of dead HYDRA agents, killing for answers that would never surface.

Their bodies laid scattered throughout the compound, and sirens blared through the entirety of the complex. They knew she was here, but they would never catch her. She could disappear within seconds, yet the pain she inflicted that night and the many before would prove to last for decades to come.

To SHIELD, though, that held no importance. No matter the immense impact she had on the creation of the very group, Gideon Erskine was only seen as a weapon to them, a weapon with the strength and speed of an unstoppable bullet and the ability to transport herself wherever desired. In SHIELD's eyes, they didn't see an issue. There they had a woman broken far beyond repair with an astonishing talent at their command. Having lost both her father and the love of her life in the span of a war, she had nothing left to lose.

Once warm blue eyes turned cold as the death count rose.

"One more body, one step closer to the truth," she lied to herself to gain a few hours of sleep at night.

But the truth stands; he's gone, and she refuses to accept it.

Each death at her hands spurred twinges of regret inside her, but she pushed each occurrence away to be hidden yet never forgotten. For, she couldn't ignore the monster she had become.

Seventy years ago, she would have never regretted the choice she made on that damned night. She thought it to be an honor to finish her father's last and hidden experiment in the wake of his death, and in a sense, it was. It enabled her to be wherever wounded people needed her within seconds. It gave her the strength, speed, and immortality needed to save lives, a task she was born to do as a rising prodigy in the close shadows of her father's footsteps.

But that was nearly a century ago, and now, absolutely everything was far from the same.

Now, she only had the memory of those ocean blue eyes and the memory of James, but as the days ticked by even her most prized possessions seemed to slip from her. Most in her situation could only hope for death, but that would never come nor did she want it. Because even in death there was no redemption and the story of a girl who fell in love with an extraordinary soldier would never survive.  

________________________
I JUST LOVE BUCKY BARNES SO MUCH AND GIDEON, MY CHILD! she's sweet and adorable and i hope you all love her just as much as i do!

disclaimer:
I don't own any of the Marvel comic book character or Marvel Cinematic Universe, only Gideon and her relationships. If any of her powers seem similar to other characters, please know that was never my intention! but I've read quite a few Bucky fics so far and haven't seen anything quite like her

please enjoy and vote & comment!

-Ashley [5/20/16]