II.

Dear James Buchanan Barnes,

I hope this letter finds you. I'm pretty sure I wrote to the right address, but it was difficult to tell your 'a's from your 'e's.

I'm just kidding! Your penmanship is much better than mine. (And I do apologize in advance for this mess of a handwriting.)

I hope training is well for you. What's it like? I see a lot of soldiers come into the hospital I complete my residency at, mostly for evaluations and check-ups, but a lot of them have mixed feelings about leaving. Many haven't been in the war yet, but they talk about the training part. It reminds me of school a little, with more physical exercise and drills of course.

Did you used to like school?

I always used to love primary and secondary school, and now, going to a university is like a dream. I will tell you this though, now I can't wait to graduate. As much as I love learning, I want to start working and helping others, preferably on the battlefield if I'm given the chance.

I don't have many classes left either, but they're not interesting. The two I have left are communication classes, and oh how I wish they could be history or other science ones.

I should probably stop though, I feel like I'm rambling again. (It's a bad habit of mine.)

Steve and I both hope you come home soon! Even though I've only known you for a night James, I know that you're a good person, and the cafe already feels different without you.

I hope you to hear back from you.

Sincerely,

Gideon Erskine
___________________________
[6/2/15]