VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL

BE MINE

Gideon awoke to the irregular sound of something tapping on her window. It felt like it was the dead of the night from the dim glow the moon cast through the window, yet she couldn't tell, her sight too blurry with sleep. Her head fell back down onto her pillow, hoping the noise was just something she imagined, yet it continued.

Pushing back the duvet, she groaned as her feet touched the cold wood floor.

It had only been two days since they had returned from rescuing Bucky, a quick respite before leaving again to confront the Red Skull. Sleeping was still something Gideon struggled with, so she supposed her resting wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

Feet scraping the hardwood floor, she heard the knocking sound once more before bracing herself from the cold air and lifting open the window.

The man she loved more than anything, stood before her, grinning wildly with flowers in his arms.

She looked beautiful, he thought. Her hair hung messily in curls, and sleep lines from her pillow were still etched into her face. She laughed, and to him, it sounded like a melody.

"Bucky Barnes, what are you doing," the woman exclaimed.

"Gideon, it's Valentines Day," he stated rather simply.

Glancing at her wrist watch, she added, "It's also one in the morning."

"You know, I've never been good with conventional conversation times," he shrugged.

"I can tell," she laughed once more. Pausing for a moment as she leaned out her window,

she smiled at him. "Come on, it's cold out. I'll let you in."

She shut the window as he then raced inside the small apartment complex. Just as she

finished tying a dressing gown over her pajamas, he reached the threshold, and she opened the door.

He was still beaming, and Gideon couldn't help but feel an identical smile form across her lips as well.

"Sorry for the early-late wake up call, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Happy Valentine's Day, Gideon." He held out a bundle of daisies and sunflowers wrapped in pink paper in which she took in her arms and lead him inside.

"You are so cheesy, but thank you. These are beautiful." Before placing them in a vase of water, she set them down on the dining table, the small brunette wrapped her arms around him as he did the same. She hugged him tight, taking in his homey scent and never wanting to let him go. "I'm glad you're safe, Buck," she whispered against his shoulder.

"Me too," he uttered in return. Breaking apart slightly, he said, "Thanks for coming to get me. You and Steve, you both saved my life."

"We wouldn't have left you behind."

His hand then cupped her cheek, a soft smile playing on his features. He kissed her slowly, and Gideon let herself fall into the kiss. She held him closer, closer than she ever thought as her hands found themselves intertwined with his hair and his around her waist. She never wanted to leave his grasp. Yet, both were set to leave the following day to finish the war, finish HYRDA. She was thankful that they would remain together, but there was always a risk, a risk that one of them wouldn't return home.

Lips moving down to his jawline, base of his neck and collarbone, she felt his chest vibrate softly as laughs escaped him. "Gideon, wait. I have to finish my cliché Valentine's Day spiel first."

She then smiled up at him, resting her chin on his chest with her eyes peering curiously into his.

"Gideon Erskine, will you please be my valentine?"

"Yes, James Buchanan Barnes, I will be if you'll be mine," she answered, joyously.

"I'm glad, because it sure would have sucked to walked back right now."

"Do you really think I would kick you out into the cold?" Grinning, she continued to cup his face, her thumb running along his cheekbones.

"Nah. You're mean, but you're too nice for that," he shook his head.

"Mhmm, come here," she pulled him back in, and he dived eagerly. They both felt drunk off each other, and neither could get enough.

They kissed lazily, fumbling in the dim light. Yet she felt his hand sunk below her waist and to the back of her thighs, and she jumped. He caught her without hesitation, and they both then stumbled into the dark towards the bed.

_________

Short, sweet, cliché, hella late but happy Valentine's Day my loves! I've been procrastinating on studying for midterms, so I made this. And omfg I miss writing sappy scenes about these two 😩.
If you've missed it though, go check the sequel Rogue out and very possibly a third sequel in the future 😉. Thanks for everything though fr, I'm glad you all have enjoyed Gideon and Bucky's story as much as I have