2. How To Propose, Sandra Bullock Style

Got pretty excited at all the positive reviews on the first chapter. Hope you enjoy this one just as well.

"Are you really doing this now?" Sebastian asked his friend. Ever since they'd arrived at the deli and ordered lunch, Amir had been glaring at his sandwich with enough force to make it tremble. It was a particularly nice day with great weather and not too many people crowding the deli. They even managed to snag their preferred table.

Yet he couldn't enjoy it because of the strange predicament he'd landed them both into.

"I can't help it. Delicious as it may be it's what led me straight to my doom." Amir said clasping his hands together. It was bad enough that he was furious at a sandwich but admitting that he still wanted to eat it would make it more pathetic.

"You do realize that your poor sandwich had no idea I was going to proposition you as my fake fiancé?" Sebastian said barely able to keep the laughter out of his voice. Then the glare was directed right at him.

"Then maybe I'm passing blame on the wrong object." He spoke icily.

Sebastian blinked immediately turning to his friends plate "Bad, bad sandwich. Causing evil and havoc everywhere. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Amir let out a sigh "But why the hell did you do this? Of all the people you could have lied to be engaged to it just had to be me."

At Sebastian had the decency to look sheepish "I'm sorry but your name just slipped out. I mean you're my closest friend and you're on my mind most of the time."

"Honestly that last part doesn't make me feel any better." Amir replied testily. "Can't you just lie and tell your grandfather you pronounced the name wrong or something? I mean Amir sounds pretty similar to Mali or even Bob."

That one got him a strange look but he was desperate dammit. He could not be blamed for whatever rubbish spewed out from his mouth at this point.

"I thought of that but it's not an option." Sebastian said.

"Why not?"

He let out a gust of air avoiding Amir's gaze murmuring "Imighthavetoldhimyourfullname."

"What?!"

"I might have told him your full name and where you worked." He said louder.

Amir's expression was incredulous "Really?! You just had to go all the bloody way with this didn't you?"

"He asked me and it's not like I could lie to him." Sebastian defended and got a plastic fork thrown in his face for that one. He deserved it anyway. No scratch that he deserved a sodding brick to his forehead.

Amir let out a huff "If you know the creative methods I'm conjuring in my head to kill you." His hands were clenched and he was still trying to convince himself that was one strange, sad dream. Perhaps it was a result of his mother adding too much spice to the curry she made.

"For the record I really am sorry you know." Sebastian said apologetically "It got out of hand and I panicked a little." His sincere expression let a tiny warm feeling envelope in Amir's chest. He really couldn't be mad at his friend for too long. Not ever.

He knew from the moment Sebastian stuck out his hand for a sweaty handshake when he arrived to unpack at his dorm that he would end up regretting it and at the same time enjoying the ride. And he did. They had been friends from that very first meeting in the university dorms and remained friends till this day. Somehow Bas's loud and outgoing personality balanced well with Amir's soft spoken and calm nature. Although the former got them into trouble plenty of times, the latter always had a way to save the day each time.