10. Of Abs and Men

*apologizes profusely for the terribly long update*

The second time Amir woke up, it was considerably brighter outside the window and his head didn't throb as much. He was alone in the bedroom but there was the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. Sebastian was taking a shower. His assumption was proved correct when Sebastian came into the room freshly showered and dressed in only his trousers wiping his chin with a towel only a few minutes after.

"Did your morning nap go ok?" He asked picking up the shirt lain over the chair.

Amir mumbled "Yeah. Hmm." His eyes fluttered shut for a moment before realization landed "That's your brother?"

Sebastian grinned "Yeah that's Kiernan. Motherfucker can never make an entrance like a normal person."

And what an entrance it was. Amir placed his face back into the pillow groaning at the memory of what he had done previously. "Too bad you neglected to tell me about that part before I implied that he was a thief."

Sebastian laughed hard his shoulders shaking "It's not a big deal. Trust me."

Amir threw the covers back on his face in shame "Still, don't expect me to show my face today. Or tomorrow. Or until we leave."

Bas rolled his eyes "You're being dramatic. Kiernan knows it was just a misunderstanding."

"Still," Amir insisted "I don't want to go downstairs. I just feel out of it today."

Sebastian frowned "Is anything especially the problem this morning?" Yes, Amir wanted to say. His boss had given what was a CV boosting to someone else because he was jealous and he couldn't even tell him the truth about his hoax of a relationship. The boss whom he didn't know whether he had truly wanted to let go or not.

"No."

He told no one about the secret relationship and it would have to remain that way.

"Just craving a good cuppa which I never got." Sebastian looked visibly relieved. It was obvious that he still held the fear that Amir would change his mind mid-operation. Amir wasn't planning on it anytime soon but it was good to let Bas sweat sometimes. "No need to look panicked mate."

"I wasn't," He denied. "Just get your lethargic ass to breakfast with me."

"Fine," Amir whined for the sake of it. He changed his clothes first before following Sebastian down to the dining room. Despite the positive reception of yesterday, Amir's stomach still turned because of the newest addition to the group. Especially due to the morning stunt he pulled. He would just have to blow right through it; there was no choice in that. Hopefully the worst that would happen was that Kiernan would see him as the quirky fiancé of his brother.

Breakfast was inside today. The first thing Margret Kingsely did when she saw him was apologize.

"I'm so sorry, Kiernan told me what happened," She patted his hand in a bid to comfort him.

Great, now everyone knew. He might as well swallow all the bagels in sight and hope the deadly choking will be a merciful way to pass.

"It was just a simple misunderstanding. I'm the one who should be sorry," Amir smiled tightly carefully spreading the jam over his toast. For some reason he suddenly missed marmalade. He was lucky; Kiernan had opted out of breakfast to sleep off his flight and settle in. It was just him, Margret, Bas, Charlotte and the twins at the table. Sebastian's father and brother-in law had gone for an early round of golf. It was great fun imagining how that would go considering how Papa Kingsley was very critical of Chad the day before.