6. Coming From A Place Of Heartbreak

This is not edited but I felt bad for not updating in a while and rustled this up for you guys.

SONG - EASE - TROYE SIVAN FT. BROODS.

Once the plane touched down Amir felt thoroughly rested. He'd never slept so well on a plane ride before. Perhaps first class wasn't such a frightening thing anymore. He could get used to this. Marrying Bas didn't seem like such a daunting possibility anymore. His Black Widower senses tingled a bit.

"So many bags," Sebastian whined pushing the trolley filled with their luggage to the arrival hall. "Why the hell did you carry so many bags anyway?"

"Pretty sure half of them belong to you," Amir reminded. "How many clothes do you even need for three weeks?"

Sebastian just grumbled incomprehensively underneath his breath. Amir held his navy blue sweater over his arm. The weather was warmer than he'd anticipated. English weather had prepared him well enough for anything. It was both reliving and strange that he didn't feel tired at all after his flight due to the comfort received in first class. When everything was over, he considered that it might be one of the few conveniences that he'd manage to splurge off in the future. Sebastian pushed their trolley outside and made a whistling sound with his fingers in between his lips.

Amir startled "What was that for?"

"I called for a cab," Sebastian explained.

"Oh."

"Most times that's the best way to get their attention in this city," Sebastian explained. It was in that moment that it really dawned on Amir. He was in New York City. The land of the whistling cabs and public hot dog stands. The excitement he'd been putting off suddenly came right to him. Amir had only been to America once to cover a story on the Pride parade in Los Angeles but it wasn't a leisure trip in any way. This was his first authentic American experience. Well as authentic as lying to his best friend's family that they were engaged could be.

"Welcome to America," Sebastian announced in a dramatic voice. Amir rolled his eyes but tingled in excitement on the inside "So what's the plan now?"

"We spend the night at a hotel then go over to New Jersey tomorrow. That's where my family lives," Sebastian reminded as a taxi pulled over to the curb. The taxi driver was a short Cuban man in his mid-thirties who was friendly enough to help them pack their luggage into the boot but maintained some reserve by not engaging in a conversation throughout the ride.

"What hotel are we going to?" Amir enquired.

"Four Seasons," Bas replied. The Kingsley's obviously weren't going half mile at all. The gesture both flattered and guilted him all over again. The car ride seemed to pass by with Sebastian intensely busy on his phone and Amir trying his best not to pathetically glue his face to the window like a wide eyed child looking for adventure.

They arrived at the hotel in good time and checked in with an overly friendly receptionist.

"I hope you gentleman have a wonderful stay," She commented, cherry red lipstick glistening and eyes twinkling in obvious interest towards Sebastian. The object of her subtle flirtations smiled charmingly back at her.

"We will," Amir interjected.

"Hopefully it won't end up with someone else trying to lure me away from my beloved fiancé," Sebastian grinned. The woman appeared flushed then cleared her throat distractedly handing the men their room key card without another word.

Amir waited until they were in the elevator and pushed the button for the 8th floor before questioning Sebastian "What was that for?"

The other man shrugged "I would have gone for her but changed my mind." The answer confused Amir a little. Throughout their discussion on the arrangement they'd never said anything about pursuing other potential romantic interests. Amir had not planned on going after anyone simply because it wasn't like he had suitors pilling up, but he didn't think to object if Bas decided to have a little rendezvous. As long as he was discreet, it wouldn't have mattered. They were simply just partners and not real lovers in every sense of the word.