5. Owning First Class And Other World Domination Techniques

"Chop chop, we haven't got all day," Sebastian commanded from his position behind the wheel. Amir rolled his eyes putting his bags into the car "This would happen faster if you helped." Sebastian had on a thoughtful expression like the concept hadn't even occurred to him "Huh."

Amir sighed closing the boot "Never mind. I've got it all inside the car anyway."

"Good job," Sebastian beamed. "Now off to Heathrow we go. I really don't want us to hit any of the traffic." Amir stuffed his hands into the pockets of his Cape Coast hoodie. It was the warmest thing in his closet that appropriately fitted the occasion. Early morning cold had never been his friend. Since Bas was such a certified arse, his first instinct of course was to book an early morning ticket for them.

"It's 5 bloody am in the morning. Only mad people are awake at this hour."

"We're all a little mad here," Bas wiggled his eyebrows. His attempt to sound dark and humorous was executed quite poorly.

Amir was not impressed.

"I'm running low on both sleep and caffeine. Please don't make me murder you before we even get to the first intersection," He stated.

Sebastian made a zipping motion towards his lips "Alrighty, off we go. Any musical preferences for the ride?"

Amir made a face "Can we not play anything?"

Sebastian nodded "Sure. Whatever you want."

"Thank you," the tanned man muttered closing his eyes. All he craved for were a few moments of peace and quiet before it was interrupted by the chaos of the airport. His mother had talked his ear off all night, spouting advice on how to impress his boyfriend's parents. Amir assumed that his mother had given enough advice when she came to visit him in London two days back but apparently, there were some stuff left out.

("Make sure you don't forget to buy flowers for the mother," Alaleh instructed "It's the winning gesture."

"How would you know that?" Amir asked. "Have you been reading Cosmo again Mum?"

"Cosmo is a tool for viable knowledge!" She snapped. No arguing afterwards.)

Jenny had taken him down to Savile Row to get fitted for a proper suit. At first he protested, until Bas relinquished control of his card and the two of them went crazy. (Correction, Jenny went crazy. Amir just stood pitifully in the corner mourning at the fact that he now owned jumpers worth €50. Oh the horror) Then TJ called to wish him a good trip and it was the most awkward six minute phone call of Amir's life. He hadn't told his boss and former love that he was now (fake) engaged yet. The appropriate time to announce the news hadn't come up yet and if he was lucky then the news would reach him somehow.

Between packing and sorting through all of his work, he managed to get just four hours of sleep before Sebastian appeared knocking on his door and announcing that it was time for them to go.

He managed to get about roughly twenty minutes of sleep before Sebastian was shaking him awake a bit more considerately to indicate that they'd arrived "Wake up sleepy head. I promise you'll catch enough sleep once we've boarded I promise."

Amir sighed as their luggage was piled out of the car "We both know that's a lie. The seats are shitty for any type of relaxation."

"Not in first class," Sebastian mentioned so casually that Amir almost didn't hear him. His eyes bulged out in surprise "What?! Seriously? You booked us first class?"

Sebastian nervously fiddled with his phone "Not me. My parents. They wanted to make sure that their future son-in-law had the very best." Amir stuttered at the confession. He couldn't believe it. Never in his life had he taken first class. During his time as a foreign correspondent he was used to jumping on and off military planes in the worst of locations. He'd taken business class once but that was because BA was being particularly flaky about their seat count and offered it in compensation. However this sort of luxury was a first for him.