Nine

Your guesses seemed pretty accurate but this might clear it up ;) Lloyd looks a bit like the picture ^ but blonde hair and a bit longer :))

Chapter 9

My blood boiled inside my chest, hot flashes surging through the vessels and being pumped ceaselessly towards my limbs. Why was he here? Why was he allowed in my house still, after everything he did?

Of course – neither of our parents believed what he'd done. They refused to listen to me, using the logic that if he was older, he'd be more sensible. But no. It was the complete opposite.

"Luke? Say hi to Lloyd, he hasn't seen you for years!" mum reminded me, but I couldn't. I couldn't even open my mouth, let alone speak, because my jaw was clenched so hard I could hardly breathe. My palms curled into fists and as calmly as possible, I walked past him, going upstairs with my bag and locking the door as the two mothers murmured amongst themselves as to what was going on.

I threw myself on the bed, before realising that he'd slept on it last night. I saw his clothes littered around the room and they sickened me to the point where I had to pinch my hands to keep them from throwing them out the window.

A few minutes later, I sat down on the floor cross-legged, thinking.

Lloyd didn't deserve to witness my anger, sadness or happiness. He was a fuckboy, he didn't care about feelings but he knew how to entice people, and get them to do things with him. For heaven's sake, he was the one who made me the asexual mess I was today.

Over the years, I'd forced myself to forget the events of the past, but now they were flooding back and I hated every moment of it

Truthfully, he'd been my first crush.

I was ten, and he was sixteen. His mum had been friends with mine since university, and they used to live down the road, so we were encouraged to hang out together. He had an older brother and sister, who'd hang out with Jack and Ben.

Lloyd was old enough to join them when they went to the park, or into town – but he always stuck by me. At the beginning I thought it was weird, not letting him play games with me, and then I began to enjoy it. He'd bring me toys that he didn't play with anymore, a

nd I'd cherish every single one, kissing them goodnight before sleeping.

A year later we were really close, and I knew I was falling hard for him despite being so young. I hadn't joined secondary school yet, so I didn't know how dating worked, except from what I saw on TV. I also knew that liking guys wasn't really an option in my house, or amongst my friends.

Then, one day after school, he was picking me up like usual when all of a sudden, I kissed him.

He was tall so it was difficult to get him to bend down but I did and it felt great.

If only things hadn't gone so downhill from that point onwards.

~

"Luke, will you come out, please?" I heard mum ask for the fourth time, quietly knocking on my door. "They've gone out for dinner, so please. At least have something to eat, if you won't come out."

I'd been doing homework to take my mind off everything, and had been sitting in the same spot for a few hours so almost lost my balance trying to stand up. I opened the door and saw mum standing there looking kinda worried.

"What's wrong, honey?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. Why are they here anyway?"

"They're just staying for the weekend, Luke."

"Oh."

She sighed sympathetically, putting her hand on my arm and rubbing it up and down. "Luke, son, if anything's wrong talk to me, won't you? Me and your dad, we're always here for you."

Not back then, you weren't. "Yeah, I know."

"I saved you some dinner, do you want to eat now?"

"I'm going out."

It was a completely spontaneous thing to do but I grabbed my wallet and phone, and headed out without saying another word to mum. Where was I going, you ask? Somewhere far away from home.

The beach was about a half an hour walk away from home, and I'd chosen the right time as the sun was still hovering above the horizon. I listened to the calm waves crashing against the rocks and sand, a few seagulls being noisy in the sky probably fighting over a bit of food they found. A couple was romantically walking down the wet part of the sand near the water, and whilst taking in everything I began to calm down.

Not wanting to be disturbed, I turned off my phone and put it aside so it was on a rock. Unknowingly, I managed to fall asleep – probably because of how poorly I'd slept the night before.

~

"Luke!!"

A bright white light shone in my eyes, disrupting what had been a pretty peaceful nap. I opened my eyes, trying to see who it was, but the light was too bright. "Who is it?" I groaned.

"Can't you see me? Oh lord, please, tell me he's okay..."

"Well I would be able to see you, if you put the light down – but I got it, Calum. I can tell from your voice."

He immediately put the phone down and hugged me tightly. I would've struggled to get out of his grasp but I was too tired. "We were all so worried for you, let me call your mum quickly..."

"What's the time?"

"One in the morning. You weren't picking up so we went on a hunt. Is everything okay?"

I nodded. Trust Calum to come to this spot. He knew it was my favourite. He got off my chest and reached for the phone in his back pocket, dialling my mum to let her know he'd found me and explaining that I'd simply fallen asleep. Now that I was fully awake, I remembered why I'd run out in the first place. Before he hung up, I stopped him and asked to talk to mum.

"Hey mum, are they still there?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm staying at Calum's tonight."

***

Calum is such a cute friend haha

Vote+comment for virtual 5sos flannel (for washing your face not to wear)

Kimmy xx