Chapter 1

"He's just so cute," Robyn sighed.

I wasn't really paying that much attention to what she was saying I was in a daze, thinking about him. Him being the most popular person in the school. Austin Hendrix. He was captain of the basket ball team and had pretty much every girl in the school in love with him including me and Robyn. We couldn't help it, it was just something about his dark hair and his green eyes that made your heart skip a beat. And that smile! Don't get me started on that smile of his. He was just a flawless human being. Cute was an understatement, an insult.

"Could you guys please stop obsessing over him, you know it makes me uncomfortable," Calum sighed shaking his head. That was another thing about Austin, he had a little brother who just so happened to be one of my best friends.

"You're just so lucky! I mean you get to see him like all the time," Robyn smiled resting her head on her hands.

"I'd call that more misfortune than luck," he muttered.

"How could living with him have any bad side, I mean you see him with no shirt on like all the time,"

"There was so many things wrong with what you just said, I have no words," he said pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

The thing about Austin and Calum was that even though they where brothers they weren't what you would call close. In fact most people in the school hadn't connected the dots and realised that they were even related despite them sharing a second name. In all fairness they where never seen together in school, they didn't share a ride home, they never spoke to each other in fact they didn't so much as glance at each other. Despite the second name they didn't have much in common at all. They had similar heights but Austin was about 2 inches taller. Calum's hair was darker than Austin's and slightly longer so that it always sat messily on top of his head, Austin's was always styled. They didn't share eye colour either, Calum's was a deep brown, Austin's a light green. And don't even get me started on their personalities. It's safe to say they wouldn't be getting confused for twins anytime soon.

They had an unspoken agreement that they would basically ignore each other in school which meant despite being best friends with his brother, Austin didn't know me nor did he associate with me in anyway. That was something else about Austin, he didn't know I existed. The only girls he associated with where the ones who wore short skirts and have had a dirty rumour spread about them.

"Violet will you please stop her before I barf," Calum complained.

I snapped out of my dace. "Robyn would like it if he talked about your sister like that?" I yawned.

"Ewwwww!" She said disgusted.

"Exactly,"

"Yeah, but my sister isn't the hottest person in the school and she isn't a year older than us she's 10 years older and getting married in a few months, there for you have no chance,"

"Yeah but come on you don't have a chance with Austin," I laughed, I wasn't being mean, just truthful. I mean come on would you date a girl you've never spoken to in your life. Neither of us had a shot really.

"And your sister isn't an arrogant stuck up bastard," Calum growled. Calum wasn't the biggest fan of his brother but I was pretty sure he liked him more than he let on after all they where family.

"Calum," I warned.

"See this is one of the most annoying thing about him being my brother, you two spend half your life talking about him and the other half thinking about him and if a dare insult him in anyway world war 3 brakes out,"

"Yes but it's okay because you love us really," I smiled throwing my arm around his neck.

"Seriously why am I your friend?" He laughed shaking his head slightly.