Chapter 20

"Violet we're going to be late for assembly! Get a move on!" Robyn groaned impatiently as I tied my shoelace.

"I'm sorry do you want me to trip on my lace, break my neck and die? I hope you enjoy attending my funeral, besides you were the one who made us late! Seriously Robyn did you have to change your shoes 4 times? I was so close to just driving away and leaving your sorry ass,"

"It's not my fault my car has a flat tire and you had to pick me up,"

We just about made it to assembly on time. Quickly shuffling up the stairs in the sports hall, we took a seat by Calum. My phone lightly buzzed in my pocket.

Austin:
Late I see?

I looked around the room to see him at the very back, our eyes instantly met. I quickly typed my reply.

                                            Me:
                                            Yeah I was too busy
                                            making out with a hot
                                            guy outside

Austin:
Wanna make out with
another one after school?

                                            Me:
                                            Sure, ask Charlie if
                                            he's available

Austin:
He said he's busy so
you'll have to just settle
for me

                                            Me:
                                            If I must

"Can I have your attention please? This will only be a quick assembly," Mr Kay's loud voice rang out. He then began to read out announcements from a sheet of pater in front of him, school lunch changes, school trips coming up, and tryouts for the cheerleading team, the usual. "Finally I would like to remind you all that the big day is fast upon us, in two days the Bulldogs basketball team will have their next game which if they win, they will hold the record for most consecutive wins in the schools history."

The crowd let out a cheer before Mr Kay continued.

"The game is at the other school, a little under an hours drive. Since this is an important game the school is not only hiring a bus for the team but also a second bus for anybody who wants to come and show support, I hope to see a lot of you there,"

We were then dismissed.

"You're going the game right?" Robyn asked me as we made our way to gym class.

"Huh?" I asked. I hadn't really been paying attention.

"The basketball game on Friday, you're going right? You have to go,"

"Yeah I'll probably go, are you coming?"

"Unfortunately I can't, I'm spending this weekend at my dad's place so I'll be driving there after school if my tire is fixed, if not he'll have to come get me and you know that I haven't seen him a while, sorry,"

I waved her off. I knew she didn't see her dad as often as she would like so obviously I understood.  "Don't worry about it, enjoy the weekend with your dad,"

"Besides, you'll be too bust making out with Austin at the back of the bus," she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"You're so disgusting," I laughed shoving her. "As if I'd make out with Austin on the back of the bus in front of everyone,"